St. Thomas Daysail Question

HW22

While in St Thomas we will be taking a daysail that is scheduled to get back to RedHook at 400, our ship leaves at 500. Does this give us enough time to get back to the ship or should we get back a half hour earlier?

• 4 weeks later...

HW22,

Was on the Mariner last week and they requested that all passengers be on the ship 30 minutes prior to the ship leaving port. I HIGHLY recommend you follow that recommendation because the ship does not wait........if they say they leave at 5:00.....they leave at 5:00!!!! I also did a sail boat/snorkle excursion at St. Thomas and they said they would return whenever I wanted....but this was a private excursion so I guess it did not matter to them. Hope this helps.

Happy Cruising!

T2

I would definitely get back earlier. If your ship leaves at 5, you usually need to be back onboard at the latest 1/2 hour before that time, in this case 4:30. Also, Red Hook is at least a 20 or 30 minute taxi ride to the cruise ship piers if i remember correctly.

And, more importantly, 4 o'clock is rush hour and the traffic is heavy going to the downtown area I believe. I recall taxiing back from Red Hook (we went to St. John) to cruise pier around 3 p.m. and the traffic was quite heavy.

Maybe check with the charter company and see what they say or maybe Islander will see your post and advise!

Archived