***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Today is the first day that my mouth has not hurt at all. I have some bruising going down the outside of my neck. It will probably change colors several times before it goes away. I go back tomorrow to have them look at it and to pay the balance.

I went to the exercise class today, didn't not go full out, kind of took it a little easy, it was so hot in there my whole head and hair was wet. Everyone said it was too hot!

I hope to find another mower soon, maybe just get the riding tractor kind and not the zero turn kind. They seem pretty complicated to use.

Is the MS walk a 5k also? That is good that your son is doing better, hopefully that will continue. Some people are more susceptible to alcohol's affects then other people and just like other habits they are hard to control or break.

How in the world did your hubby get the 2 trees out of the ground, they usually have pretty deep roots. Probably a good thing to stay downtown over night on Sunday, so you don't have to fight the traffic. I am guessing he will be in the hospital overnight? I have to go and have another mammogram soon. The last time they found some cysts and said I should come back in 6 months, and its has now been 6 months and I got a letter from them saying to come back. I think the cysts are still there, I can feel them when I am lifting weights. Hopefully that's all they are! Seems like I have had a lot lately, I had that infection in my eye that is very hard to get rid of, still using the medicine drops and the sterieye wash, then the tooth and now the mammogram. Bill was going in to the dr today to get another lab test done on his blood. He has been using the oxygen at night watching tv and thinks it is helping him. He says he feels warmer, he was always cold before. Of course it has been cold at night, we have even went back to putting the fireplace on.

Not much rain today but very cloudy and gloomy!

Sharon, kind of the same here today as well. Some rain and temps only in the 50's. Bill used an axe and a shovel to dig out the boxwood bushes. I was not around and only saw the finished product when I came home from work. He has been doing things outside this week to get as much accomplished before his surgery on Monday. He will not find out the time until Friday.

So most of the surgeries are usually first thing in the morning. So it would be best to just stay downtown so we do not have to get up so early and drive down. Traffic sometimes is not bad real early in the morning. It is the getting up early that is the problem.

I have to schedule a mamo as well for June. I have same of the same issues as you. You have certainly had your shear of problems. Did you have any stitches in your mouth at all? I am glad that you are feeling better. The bruising is natural after something like that.

Yes, the MS walk is a 5K. We do this walk every year at this time. I usually have a group of us that raise funds, and does the walk as well. It seems like everyone is waiting until the last minute to commit this year.

I am glad the oxygen is working and doing good for your Bill. I know my Bill feels the cold as well. He gets cold real easy. I know when I see him shivering. But it has been cold at night. Once the sun goes down, the temps really drop.

His surgery is Monday. He will stay in the hospital for 2 days after the surgery. Then it will be 6 weeks before PT, and then 6 more weeks of PT. That if everything goes as planned.

Kathy

So tonight you are going to to see the Wizard of Oz, sounds like a nice time! I know you are staying at the hotel, are you going to eat there also?

I had a busy day yesterday, had the zumba then an appointment back at the oral surgeon. Bill went with me, it only took a few minutes for the dr to look at it and say it would probably be sore another week, then 4 to 6 weeks before it closed up completely. So we paid the balance of the bill while we were there, even though they said we had 90 days to pay it off. Then we went to lunch in Crystal Lake and then home.

One of my friends had changed her mind and decided to go to the Bunco party so I changed my mind also and went. We had a really good time, it was alot of fun! I'm so glad I went. They had drinks and snacks and a silent auction. I won a really big hanging plant with all kinds of plants in it, very pretty.

Today, had the FF ex class then went up to Lake Geneva to pick up a Scott spreader and fertilizer that I had bought on line from Brads Deals. The spreader had been $49.99 but on that site was $9.99. You buy the Scott fertilizer that snaps into in and you are ready to do your lawn. It has nice big wheels on it so it rolls really easy too. So when it ever stops raining off and on I will get out there and do the front lawn.

Then I stopped at Joanne fabrics and bought some more elastic to do another swimming suit, the first two turned out good and the legs will stay down now.

Now have gotten home, had a bite to eat and must go up and get the oil changed on my car. We are not going to the dance place tonight but up to the resort instead. They have a guy named Kevin Kennedy that is very good, he sings and plays the keyboard and has a great sense of humor. So that should be a fun evening, kind of different.

Have a nice weekend, hope everything goes ok for Bill on Monday.

Sharon, yes, we are off to see the Wizard tonight. I saw the opening advertised on TV last night. So tonight is the second performance, and it is only in town for a couple of weeks. Yes, the hotel connects right to the theater. So hopefully I can get out of work on time so we can go right downtown. We will eat downtown either before the show or afterwards. It all depends on how I do getting out of here.

Wow, you have been busy. Going to the resort tonight sounds like a good change. So you are also going to a performance tonight as well. I hope you both enjoy and have a great time.

Yes, I have seen that Scott's stuff on TV before. So that is a really good deal and it should make your job much easier. I agree, this weather has been so rainy and cold, hopefully things will turn around soon.

Bill's surgery is scheduled for noon on Monday. So we have to be there at 10:45. So a real change, not having to be there so very early like they usually do. We decided to stay downtown on Sunday night as well. We originally thought it would be very early. But we will still stay there so we do not have to deal with driving on Monday or traffic either.

It does take time for everything in your mouth to heal up. But at least you are feeling better. Hopefully that will continue to be the case.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Kathy

We had a good time last night, the entertainer was very good. We stayed till he quit at midnight. Today I goy most of the grass cut but still have to do all the paths and the very bavk that is fenced in.

Going to dinner tonight, Italian, hope its good!

How did you like the show? Where did you end up eating.

Sharon, the MS 5K walk was this morning. All of the people who showed up for our team made up their minds at the last minute. It was not a bad day, just trying to organize this can be a real pain. At least the weather cooperated and it turned out to be a nice day.

Well staying at your resort for the performance until it closed, sounds like you had a real good change as well as a great evening out. The Wizard Of Oz was real nice as well. We were surprised that there was a lot of empty seats all around the theater.

But is was well put on and it kept moving along and really held your interest. He thought the hotel we were staying at connected right to the theater. It was not. Our hotel connected to the Bank Of America theater, and our performance was at the Cadillac Theater, a few blocks away. It was not a big deal, just a surprised when we showed up.

I like Italian Food as well. On our way back after the performance we stopped to eat at a place called the Italian Village. I guess it has been around for a long time. I was just 1 block from our hotel. Even though it was 10:30, and we usually do not eat that late. It was a nice change in our normal eating habits.

So later on today, we are going back downtown to stay close to the hospital, so we do not have to deal with traffic or driving down tomorrow, to what will already be a stressful day tomorrow. I will have to drive home alone and stay home all alone for 2 days afterwards. If all goes well, he comes home Wednesday afternoon.

I would think that you would be in a hurry to find another mower so you will have a easier time while cutting all of your lawn. Too bad it did not work out well on the delivery last week. Hopefully the next place will offer much better customer service.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Kathy

I put a post on yesterday, don't know where it went! Can't remember all I said though.

Had ex class this morning, another good workout. Tomorrow night me and the other 3 gals are going to the Williams Bay Womans Club Banquet. Should be a fun night. Drinks, hors dovers, silent auction, dinner and some sort of short comedy routine put on by the outgoing president and helpers.

Got our tax bills today, not due until first week of June though. Didn't go up too much.

Hope the surgery went well and you are doing good too.

I went to the womens banquet tonight, I think they said 300 tickets were sold, lots of women there.

Going to be warmer the next few days, maybe Bill can sit outside a little when he gets home.I've got a few annuals I bought to plant tomorrow.

Hope everything is ok, getting a little worried that you haven' t posted. Maybe you are just busy at work and waiting to post until Bill gets home.

sunny day today, at least later in the day, but we sure didn't get up to 80 like they said, I think we were only in the upper 60's.

Sharon, I was not able to get onto the Internet at the hospital. It was difficult running back and forth to the hospital. He is home now, but sick. The pain medication makes him sick, so he has to take something that does not make him sick. The stuff that they had given him was so expensive, they are calling in another one now. In the meantime, he is sick and in much discomfort.

So needless to say I have had my hands full running back and forth and stopping home to look after him. As far as the surgery goes. It went well, and ran an hour over the schedule. Now 6 weeks of healing and then 6 weeks of PT.

I will give more details later on. Things have been nuts and I just wanted to give you an update.

Kathy

Thanks for letting me know, was getting worried the surgery didn't turn out right. You will have your hands full for quite a while, but hopefully the new meds will make him feel better. Some of that pain medication can really do things to your stomach.

Take care,

Sharon, he was sick most of the day yesterday. The medication he is taking for the pain was making him sick. I picked up some new stuff yesterday, and he has been using it since. It seems to be working. He is taking the med's every 6 hours. He rolls from one side to the other. I never realized how much pain he was really in, as he never tells me exactly how he is feeling or if he is in pain or not.

He has stitches on his back. He goes to have them taken out in a couple of weeks. I have to change the dressing every day. So I go home a few times a day to check up on him to make sure he is OK.

We woke up last night to very heavy rain and then we lost our power at 3. It was off for 30 minutes. This morning it has been raining very heavy all morning. So now the things he as normally been doing, like taking out the trash and doing the laundry, now falls on me. Except for today with the trash, I will not be able to do the laundry until over the weekend.

So how are things at your end. How is your Bill doing? I cannot forget Tinker either? Do you have any plans for the weekend? Nothing for us, just caring for Bill and making sure all is going well with his incisions and feeling sick.

We take feeling good for granted. When we are not feeling good or are sick, we then know what I am talking about. Enjoy and have a good weekend.

Kathy

It always helps to have another pair of hands when so many things need to be done, hope you don't run yourself to ragged trying to get everything done and take care of Bill also.

My Bill has been doing the inhaler still 2X's a day and most nights he uses the oxygen while we are watching tv and reading. So he is doing pretty good so far. He can't do too much as he gets out of breath very easily. I have been looking at oxygenators that are portable so that when or if we go somewhere overnight he can take it with.

I had to get some more estrogen pills for Tinker, she was supposed to be able to go down to 2 times a week but it wasn't working and she was still peeing in the house. So I went back to the vet, he said that I could go every other day since she is the age she is it won't hurt. With a younger dog there can be a problem of bone loss over an extended time, but at this point it shouldn't matter to her.

The women's banquet Tuesday night was fun, but the two gals that I gave a ride to were both sick. So now I have been hoping that I do not get it and give it to Bill. They both have missed exercise classes the rest of the week. Seems they have about the same thing, an upper respiratory infection.

One of Bill's daughters that has the assisted living home is having an Elvis impersonator as entertainment on Sunday, and evidently we are expected to go. We have been several times and seen him, he is good, but I really don't want to go again. I told Bill, "Elvis" probably thinks we live there since we are there every time he come. Uggh!

I'm doing a walk again on Saturday morning, its a nature walk put on by the conservatory, and is very close to our house.

Hope Bill continues to get better with less pain, and you both have a nice weekend, Happy Mothers Day to you!

Sharon, a very happy Mother's Day to you as well. Are you going out to eat anywhere? We were going to the club, but maybe not, it will all depend on how well Bill is doing and feeling. Yes, I do remember the Elvis guy every year at the assisted living place. I agree, there is only so much Elvis you can handle.

When we had the oxygen for Bill's Dad, they gave us the travel case and travel bottles to go with as well. They also had a large tank in the basement we could use is there was a power outage. Inside of the house we had a machine, like you are talking about, that generated its own oxygen whenever you needed it. So hopefully you will be able to find something. I am surprised that they did not give you that in the first place.

Good that the vet has given you the med's to help Tinker out. Will the nicer weather help her as well?

Between work and what has happened to Bill, I have been really running on empty. You are right, I have to take care of myself as well.

Once again, have a good Mother's Day, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Kathy

I went with Bill's daughter, to a Polynesian Mother daughter dinner at my church tonight. They gave us lei's when we walked in, they had all kinds of island decorations and some gals from Figi that did several different island dances while wearing beautiful oufits. Once they even wore coconut shell bras. They did traditional hulas and others, boy could they "shake it". Had a lovely dinner too served by the men from the congregation.

Guess we are going to have to see Elvis tomorrow, then go to the pool and Chilis after that. Hope your Bill feels well enough to go to the club tomorrow. Are your daughters coming over?

We did get a small tank of oxygen with a carrying case but its only good for abou 3 hrs. If we go somewhere overnight it wouldn't be enough. They also gave us about 5 regular sized tanks for if the elec goes off. At this point it really wouldn't be a problem though.I'm trying to get flights to Dallas over 4th of July weekend or the one before for my great grandsons 1st birthday. That is when we would need the portable oxygenator.

Sharon, that really sounded like a great performance and dinner with ladies, and that tropical dancing.

Happy Mother's Day to you today. Bill has been sleeping most of the time. The pain medication is doing that to him. So it is no big deal if we do not go out. If he is not feeling right, I would not want to be out someplace and have him sick or just not feeling right.

Rarely do my daughter's come over to see me. They are usually at their MIL's place or away at their trailers. They always call me though. So going to see Elvis and then going to the resort is something different for you on a Sunday.

That is why I was saying, about Bill's Dad . They gave us 3 oxygen tanks to carry around. They also gave us a portable system that produced the oxygen out of the machine most of the time when he was sitting around or wanted to fill up the portable tanks. That is why I would have thought they would have done the very same thing for you as well.

Very sunny here today, and temps in the 70's. I do not know when it is going to rain again. Enjoy the weekend. Perhaps you can find someplace to eat at that will not be too crowded.

Kathy

Elvis was great as usual, he is so good with the people at the assisted living home. He will get down on one knee and hold their hand and sing to them. Even the ones that barely are aware of anything end up smiling at him. Had a funny thing happen while we were there. After Elvis was done singing one of the guys that had been sitting at another table can over by Bill and I. The people that live there has a name tag on but this guy didn't so I didn't know if he was a guest or a resident. We started talking after he sat down. He asked me if I thought he would be able to smoke outside and I told him probably not. Then since he had been dancing while Elvis was singing I complimented him on his dancing, just to make conversation. Then we decided to leave so I told him it was nice taling to him and he said he had to go too and got up to leave when we did. I was surprised when I told him goodbye that he said "oh I'm going home with you". I had to get one of the gals that worked there to talk to him and keep him there.

We went swiming after that, nice and quiet, and then ate dinner at Chilis.

Probably good Bill is sleeping, will give his back time to heal while he lays still. Great the newmedicine is working.

Sharon, this almost sounded like a movie I had seen about the very same thing. Yes, funny, but then again sad. It is good that Elvis goes every year. Like you said, even the one's who don't know what is really going on still get a lot of enjoyment out of the show. I guess from now on, you are going to have to be careful on what you say and who you are saying it to.

We really got the rain just around sunset last night. It was coming down very heavy for a few hours. We had alerts and sirens going off and the rain just kept coming down.

Yes, it was good that we just stayed home after I returned from church. I was doing things around here and it is good that he is resting and healing as well. It was good that you were able to get to the resort and not have it crowded. The temps were also nice although windy here. We went from having the heat turned on one day to the air conditioning the very next day.

Was Chili's crowded? I know you go there a lot, but I do not know how it is on Mother's Day? We had workers at our house early this morning, swapping out a Santa Dry system in our basement. Dropping off another unit for us to use while they send this one out to be repaired and back to us.

Have a good day today,

Kathy

Chilis was crowded as was everything else around here, guess the dinner crowd was the ones that didn't go out for Mothers Day Brunch. I ordered the wrong thing, didn't think I did but when it came it was not what I thought I ordered but we took it anyway. I thought I had ordered and even pointed at, enchiladas, but when it came it was tostadas. Very much harder to eat than the enchiladas and not as good either. Next time I will have to make sure the waitress understands what I am ordering.

We had warnings here too, but just rain, no hail or damage so that was good.

Had a very hot exercise class this morning again, they really need to put in some fans to keep the air moving. We did have several doors open but since it is so muggy outside didn't do too much good.

Just doing some laundry today and need to run uptown and get some groceries. I stopped after class and got some things to make BLT's but need to run up to Walmart and get more laundry soap and things like that. They are cheaper there than a regular grocery store.

Supposed to be only in the upper 60's tomorrow which should feel really good!

Sharon, I hate when that happens. Bill always gets mad at me as he says to send it back and I never do as I don't like making a scene.

Yes, they need to have either those big fans that stand upright and push the air out. Or those smaller one's, that are lower to the ground and you can tilt them all around. With the size of your class. Keeping things like this will only push people away, unless that is what they are trying to accomplish.

Last night the warning were for just the rain also. But the rain was severe and the wind was high at times. It was an awful lot of rainfall in a very short period of time.

I have noticed the past few nights, both of us have not been sleeping very well. So perhaps the cooler temps will help that out. He sweats so much the sheets get wet. I am cold and then hot.

Kathy

We were trying to watch DWTS and the last half hour we lost the signal. I had to google the results to see who was let go. Too bad it was Charlie, he was a really good dancer. We think they will give the mirror ball to the gal without the feet. I feel sorry for her and she does pretty good but she is not the caliber of some of the others.

Sharon, our's here was flickering. We had said I'll bet they will be getting all kinds of calls on this one, with loosing of power and not being able to see it though. We saw her in Boston while we were there. I had also seen a story on her, and she was once a real good dancer.

So last week I went to WW on a Wednesday, and had lost .2 lbs. Last night I went to WW and gained .2. I know exactly what it is. The wine. Like that one lady used to say, It is wine thirty someplace. With what goes on at this place everyday, I need my wine to calm things down in the evening.

So with what happened last night with all of the rain, now it looks like we could have more headed into the area.

Starting this Wednesday and until the fall, we will have our Wednesday's tied up with bocce. Tomorrow, is the sign up of last minutes entrants. It actually starts next Wednesday. Then the next thing to watch out for is the weather. If any of the 16 games gets rained out, the entire day is canceled. So usually 3 built in cancellations at the end of the season.

Kathy

Well you shouldn't have to give up your wine if its only going to add that little. Maybe just don't eat bread for a few days,, that should do it!

We had about 2 + inches of rain last night but no flooding, too many fields around to soak it up. There were some good sized puddles though in the fields.

Is Bill going to be up for bocce by next week? I know you have been playing that several years. Sounds like you have fun doing it too.

I had lunch with a gal I used to do zumba with. She is a sargent on the police force and has a great sense of humor. I saw her at the womens banquet last week and we made plans for lunch. We stayed at the restaurant for 2 hours talking and catching up.

We had so many at water aerobics this morning it was really crowded. Seems all the "snow birds" are back now. Several of them, one in particular, think they are really important

people. Guess you can guess I don't care for her at all.

Little cooler today, feels better than that humid weather yesterday.

Edited by timeormoney

Sharon, we turned off our air conditioning yesterday, and today. It is cool enough that we rally do not need anything just now.

Bill sees the Dr 1 week from today. He should get his stitches taken out and told what his next steps are. Right now, they have him scheduled to start PT on June 16. That will run for 6 weeks. He will not be playing bocce just yet. We have a total of 7 members on the team, so it should not be a big deal for him not to play for awhile.

We got about the same around here as far as rainfall. Once the rain had stopped then it cooled off yesterday and even today it is cool outside.

It is nice that you have someone nice that you can join for conversation and something to eat. We always bump into people who are in love with themselves, or who think that they are so much more important that anyone else around.

Yes, I will try to cut back on bread as well. But the wine should not make any difference, but I know it does. So hopefully this gain and then loose will not continue. It would be nice to do one or the other, more importantly to just loose and not gain.

Kathy

There are 4 of us that have been going to the fitness class and zumba for about a year now, well two of them go to Florida for a few months, but we have been looking for other things to do when the exercise class is over for the summer. One of the gals found a walking program, sounds like fun except some are in the evening and I like to be home with Bill then. Also my church is going to start in June having a walk every Monday evening starting at 6pm for an hour. Then there is the water aerobics at the bigger outside pool on Tues and Thurs. So looks like we will be able to find things to keep up with our fitness.

The one gal that went with me to the banquet a couple of weeks ago still sounds congested and the other gal is still coughing but both have came back to the fitness class today. Guess they are tired of staying home but hopefully they don't spread it around. One said she was not contagious anymore, but she sounds like she is. Did you hear about that new virus MERS, mid eastern respiratory syndrome? It has happened two times now, some health care worker from Saudi Arabia where this virus is prevalent takes a plane or two or three and comes to the USA. The first one that came over went to Indiana and now the second one that came took a plane to Boston, Atlanta, and then Orlando. Now the people for disease control are trying to locate all the passengers on each plane and that were waiting in the waiting room of the hospital while this second person was in there. There is no cure and quite a large percentage of people die from it. Must be some way to stop these sick people from bringing it over here, but I don't know how they would do it. Makes you thing twice about taking a plane somewhere.