Booking another cruise whilst on board?

Essexlass2

Is there any advantage to booking another cruise whilst on board? This will be our first cruise with P&O so would appreciate some advice in case we decide to book another one. I've heard of the Portunus club too - what's all that about please?

You won't become a member of the Portunus club until after your first cruise is completed.

But anyway the new loyality club is changing to The Peninsular Club next year. They are being very clever, to get any rewards atall you will have to of completed 15 days at sea, as most people on their 1st cruise do 14,11,10 or 7, they will have to have done at least two cruises to get any benefits (5% off onboard spend is the only benefit for the 1st tier (woopee do) called Pacific tier.

Go to PO Cruises.co.uk website for more info on the loyality club.

Booking onboard?, never done it myself, but no doubt someone will be along soon to help answer that question.

Rather than actually book a specific cruise on board, P&O have now what they call a Future Cruise Downpayment. You pay a deposit on board, which was originally £200, then reduced to £50 but may have gone back to £200. You get a certificate for the money payed and it is linked to your Portunus (loyalty club) number, which you will get on your first cruise. The downpayment is valid for one year for you to book any cruise within that time, although the cruise itself may be outside the 12 month period. The money on your FCD is used to pay the deposit on your next cruise, topped up if required. The benefit you get is additional On Board Credit over and above any that might be offered when you book. The amount you get depends on the length of cruise booked ranging from £25 for 2-7nights, £50 8-14, £75 15-21 to £100 for 22+nights. You can book direct with P&O or any other travel agent.

Go and see the Future Cruise desk when you board to get the full details and decide what to do during your cruise.

The advantage is that you dont have to commit straight away and you can take advantage of any last minute deals that may come along

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We booked our 2nd cruise whilst on board P&O Artemis in 2008 18 months in advance paying 10% deposit and bing offered £250 on board credit, thought we had a good deal until I received e-mail from on line agent offering the same cruise £800 cheaper 6 months later. I phoned P&O asking if they would either reduce our price or offer an upgrade they refused. I rebooked the cruise with agent and although I lost my deposit and £250 on board credit we still managed to get the cruise almost £500 cheaper and on the same deck in the cabin next to the one previously booked. I left it right to the last minute before I cancelled the original booking and will never book on board again. Still like P&O though we have booked again through on-line site in national weekend newspaper saving again £650 on original brocher price, even without on board credit thats a better deal. Good luck

Hi

We booked our 2nd cruise whilst on board P&O Artemis in 2008 18 months in advance paying 10% deposit and bing offered £250 on board credit, thought we had a good deal until I received e-mail from on line agent offering the same cruise £800 cheaper 6 months later. I phoned P&O asking if they would either reduce our price or offer an upgrade they refused. I rebooked the cruise with agent and although I lost my deposit and £250 on board credit we still managed to get the cruise almost £500 cheaper and on the same deck in the cabin next to the one previously booked. I left it right to the last minute before I cancelled the original booking and will never book on board again. Still like P&O though we have booked again through on-line site in national weekend newspaper saving again £650 on original brocher price, even without on board credit thats a better deal. Good luck

That's unlikely to happen nowadays with the reduced TA discount.

Archived