All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Hello. I cruised on jewel of the seas last summer and was able to reserve a dining time for my time dining online before the cruise. I am cruising on the explorer in August and can reserve the my time dining but not a specific time. I called rcl and was told that I must wait until I get on ship and can then reserve specific times. Is this an explorer issue? Why could I pre book the times on the jewel? Thanks in advance!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We're sailing on Explorer in March/April and we've had our My Time Dining time booked for awhile now. I think maybe you need to get closer to your cruise date before you can choose a time.

Did you have to book the same time for each night or could you just book a few nights of the trip for a special time?

Did you have to book the same time for each night or could you just book a few nights of the trip for a special time?

We booked our time for each night but I'm sure you could do a few nights if you want to do it that way. Remember, it doesn't guarantee you a table exactly at the time you choose because walk-ins could show up also. In my experience our longest wait was close to a half hour.

We booked our time for each night but I'm sure you could do a few nights if you want to do it that way. Remember, it doesn't guarantee you a table exactly at the time you choose because walk-ins could show up also. In my experience our longest wait was close to a half hour.

Thanks.

It looks like you are on a B2B the wk after our trip.

We're sailing on Explorer in March/April and we've had our My Time Dining time booked for awhile now. I think maybe you need to get closer to your cruise date before you can choose a time.

Thanks for the info! I was hoping that was the case. I will wait a bit and see what happens.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

For our upcoming cruise on Explorer (9-night caribbean itinerary) we are currently booked in a standard interior, however checking the prices we can move to a promenade for relatively minimal cost. All that is left is a few on deck 7 forward and a random scattering on deck 6. Any input on where would be best to minimize noise intrusion? I'm eyeing deck 6 above the shops/guest services (plus that would be close to midship), but am I missing anything in selecting that over deck 7?

Thanks!

For our upcoming cruise on Explorer (9-night caribbean itinerary) we are currently booked in a standard interior, however checking the prices we can move to a promenade for relatively minimal cost. All that is left is a few on deck 7 forward and a random scattering on deck 6. Any input on where would be best to minimize noise intrusion? I'm eyeing deck 6 above the shops/guest services (plus that would be close to midship), but am I missing anything in selecting that over deck 7?

Thanks!

Some people say the view is better from deck 7, being a bit higher than deck 6. Plus deck 7 has guest staterooms above and below.

I've only done deck 7. However the best choice of cabins is on deck 6. I'd pick 6597 which will be in the liquor store/ general store area. I did a deck 7 promenade in that area and it was fine. That's the closest you can get to the aft elevators. What cabin number would you be giving up?

I've only done deck 7. However the best choice of cabins is on deck 6. I'd pick 6597 which will be in the liquor store/ general store area. I did a deck 7 promenade in that area and it was fine. That's the closest you can get to the aft elevators. What cabin number would you be giving up?

I gave up my room on deck ten for a promenade room on 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

6683, bowels of the ship lol. I'm eyeing 6295, same section as the cabin you mentioned but not next to the (?)supply closet(?).

Edited by PuterMonkey

If you are in 6683 I would definitely upgrade. It's in the very aft and a long walk and it would be super quiet back there, but......as an inside cabin snob on the EX, I would never pick that cabin if I didn't have to.

The Good thing about the EX is that all the insides are on decks 6-10. The true bowels of the ship on decks 2 and 3 have no insides.

Go for 6395. You will be happy having good access to the aft elevators. From deck 6 you can easily access the Royal Promenade, dining, Studio B, pool deck, and Windjammer.

Hey there Explorer cruisers. Can any provide a detailed price listing of drinks on EOS? I'm not interested in the unlimited packages but would like to see if there is a detailed listing out there that may have been captured on other board's or roll calls. By detailed I'm looking at by brand, type of beer etc. Not interested in wine prices per se as I have purchased a wine bottle package. For example a Bacardi & Coke is $8.00 (plus 15%), pina colada is $10.00 etc

I have a listing of the “brands” they serve on the ship just not the specific charged “cost”….any help?

BEERS

Budweiser®, Bud Light®, and Bud Select®

Michelob Ultra®

Blue Moon®

Coors Light®

Miller Lite®

Samuel Adams®

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale®

Smirnoff Ice®

Mike’s Hard Lemonade®

Amstel Light®

Beck’s®

Corona Extra®

Dos Equis®

Heineken® and Heineken Light®

Kirin Light®

Peroni®

Pilsner Urquell®

Red Stripe®

Stella Artois®

VODKAS

Absolut®

Belvedere®

Finlandia®

Grey Goose®

Ketel One®

Russian Standard®

Smirnoff®

Stolichnaya®

GINS

Beefeater®

Bombay Sapphire®

Hendrick’s®

Tanqueray®

RUMS

Appleton® V/X

Bacardi®

Blackwell Fine Jamaican®

Captain Morgan® Spiced

Cruzan®

Mt. Gay Eclipse® Silver

Malibu®

Myer’s® Original Dark

Gosling’s® Black Seal

Leblon Cachaca®

TEQUILAS

Corazon®

Cuervo®

Sauza®

SCOTCH

The Balvenie® 12 year

Chivas Regal® 12 year

Cutty Sark®

Dewar’s®

Glennfiddich®

J&B®

Johnnie Walker® Black

Johnnie Walker® Red

The Glenlivet®

The Macallan® Select Oak

WHISKIES

Canadian Club®

Crown Royal®

Jack Daniel’s®

Jameson®

Seagram’s® VO

BOURBON

Baker’s®

Blanton’s®

Gentleman Jack®

Jim Beam®

Knob Creek®

Maker’s Mark®

BRANDY & COGNAC

Carlos® I

Courvoisier® VS

CORDIALS

Baileys®

Chambord®

Cointreau®

Disaronno®

Drambuie®

Frangelico®

Grand Mariner®

Jagermeister®

Kahlua®

Southern Comfort®

Tia Maria®

These are right by the forward elevators, so you will have good access to go up and down to the solarium, fitness center/spa, theater, and Cafe Promenade. It will be more of a hike to the Windjammer and the dining rooms and the sports deck.

I always look for a cabin close to the elevators.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987450

Check out this thread super helpful

Hey there Explorer cruisers. Can any provide a detailed price listing of drinks on EOS? I'm not interested in the unlimited packages but would like to see if there is a detailed listing out there that may have been captured on other board's or roll calls. By detailed I'm looking at by brand, type of beer etc. Not interested in wine prices per se as I have purchased a wine bottle package. For example a Bacardi & Coke is $8.00 (plus 15%), pina colada is $10.00 etc

I have a listing of the “brands” they serve on the ship just not the specific charged “cost”….any help?

BEERS

Budweiser®, Bud Light®, and Bud Select®

Michelob Ultra®

Blue Moon®

Coors Light®

Miller Lite®

Samuel Adams®

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale®

Smirnoff Ice®

Mike’s Hard Lemonade®

Amstel Light®

Beck’s®

Corona Extra®

Dos Equis®

Heineken® and Heineken Light®

Kirin Light®

Peroni®

Pilsner Urquell®

Red Stripe®

Stella Artois®

VODKAS

Absolut®

Belvedere®

Finlandia®

Grey Goose®

Ketel One®

Russian Standard®

Smirnoff®

Stolichnaya®

GINS

Beefeater®

Bombay Sapphire®

Hendrick’s®

Tanqueray®

RUMS

Appleton® V/X

Bacardi®

Blackwell Fine Jamaican®

Captain Morgan® Spiced

Cruzan®

Mt. Gay Eclipse® Silver

Malibu®

Myer’s® Original Dark

Gosling’s® Black Seal

Leblon Cachaca®

TEQUILAS

Corazon®

Cuervo®

Sauza®

SCOTCH

The Balvenie® 12 year

Chivas Regal® 12 year

Cutty Sark®

Dewar’s®

Glennfiddich®

J&B®

Johnnie Walker® Black

Johnnie Walker® Red

The Glenlivet®

The Macallan® Select Oak

WHISKIES

Canadian Club®

Crown Royal®

Jack Daniel’s®

Jameson®

Seagram’s® VO

BOURBON

Baker’s®

Blanton’s®

Gentleman Jack®

Jim Beam®

Knob Creek®

Maker’s Mark®

BRANDY & COGNAC

Carlos® I

Courvoisier® VS

CORDIALS

Baileys®

Chambord®

Cointreau®

Disaronno®

Drambuie®

Frangelico®

Grand Mariner®

Jagermeister®

Kahlua®

Southern Comfort®

Tia Maria®

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can I get a corkscrew from my cabin steward?

Also, what happened to the search feature on the boards? I can no longer find it?

The search feature was disabled a week or so ago due to technical problems with the board software. We usually get a corkscrew from a bar or room service, but your stateroom attendant can probably get one also.