More availability of HC Cabins?

Mindy97

I don't know if it is the economy or what, but I seem to find more availability in HC units, at least on Princess, in the last year. I have booked three cruises less than a year out and gotten an HC balcony, which is what I prefer. Two weeks ago I was able to book a Christmas Hawaii Cruise! And not at rates which were highly inflated. What a surprise.

Has anybody else noticed this trend? Are people just not travelling, or perhaps the cruise lines are getting better at judging who really needs a HC unit?

M.

I think its hit or miss when trying to book an HC cabin...we tried to book the rt Hawaii from SF for March 2012 last Feb when on the Grand Princess and they were all booked. We are now looking at the 2013 Hawaii cruise from SF and some of them are booked already. WE also prefer a balcony HC cabin. We usually try to book when we are on another cruise.

WE hate to book so early, because we also have to pay for insurance within 10 days of booking because of pre-existing conditions. Our TA is checking weekly and she will book a cabin when there is still one we are interested in. Keeping fingers crossed we don't wait too long.

WE have also found that the price usually goes down several times before final payment and we have always gotten the reduction.

Archived