Coach Genoa to Milan airports

mary.g

I have just spoken to an agent from MSC and was advised that the coach supplied from MSC to Milan airports costs US$70 per person round trip. There are no one way fares available. I presume that for those that booked their airline tickets through MSC this could be a mute point,coach fare would probably be included in your ticket price. For those of us needing to get to Milan airports on the 19th train,as previously suggested, will probably be the best bet. I imagine there will be a coach etc from the station to the 2 airports.Any info would be useful,thanks again to all those who share their wisdom on these matters.Mary:)

Mary a round trip coach fare sounds weird! Thats just my opinion though!

Will make some further enquiries for you and let you know if not here then on

Opera.

I have not heard of a coach from statio to airport but who knows. I did discover there was the Malpensa Express which connected Malpensa airport and Milan but that did not run to Centrale station.

Mary.g - I'd ask again! I've got the Australian brochure here and ONE WAY transfer Genoa to Milan Milpensa is A$45 (= around US$36). If you are transferring to Milan Linate it is A$40 (=around US$32).

Other suggestion is to do as our resident "Angel" :) suggests - ask staff onboard! I'm sure there will be other passengers wishing to transfer like yourself and something could be worked out.

Thanks Robyn & Barry for the info.I also thought it strange that we would have to buy a round trip,however,the person I dealt with was not exactly the friendliest of people and kept repeating "$70 round trip,no one way".I think he thought I was questioning his integrity when I explained that it didn"t make sense. I won't waste any more time on that endeavour,I will just keep thinking about blue skies and oceans of water,so soothing! Robyn enjoy the 1st leg of your trip,look forward to meeting you all in the near future. I'm like a kid in a toyshop these days, so excitinggggg! Mary:)

Thanks Robyn & Barry for the info.I also thought it strange that we would have to buy a round trip,however,the person I dealt with was not exactly the friendliest of people and kept repeating "$70 round trip,no one way".I think he thought I was questioning his integrity when I explained that it didn"t make sense. I won't waste any more time on that endeavour,I will just keep thinking about blue skies and oceans of water,so soothing! Robyn enjoy the 1st leg of your trip,look forward to meeting you all in the near future. I'm like a kid in a toyshop these days, so excitinggggg! Mary:)

Mary ,I pay for the coach --ship/airport- 30 euro/ 36-37 dollar.I think you can booke on the ship.But I am not sure.

The given price to you is ridiculous

It's a two hour trip by coach.

see you!

Eternitie Cronestein

Mary.g - if you can get no satisfaction (gosh, sounds like a VERY old song ;)), with the USA agent....I'm sure we will find a way for you to travel economically to Milan while we are all onboard.

Also looking forward very much to meeting you onboard.....and all our fabulous fellow cruisers of course :D

See you soon....lift-off tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!

1 (Yes, only 1) sleep to go!!!!!

Archived