Which Airlines offer Tv's?

UpstateCruizer

I know Jet Blue has the in seat tv's. We had them on the longer segment of our Delta flights to and from LAX earlier this year. It sure made the longer flight go by quicker for dh. I don't really care if I watch tv or not but he really enjoyed those flights.

Are there other carriers that offer in seat tv's (as opposed to the occiasional over head tv showing movies)? We are looking at next April's flights to San Diego and have been watch some of the Delta flights for good deals. Otherwise we may actually hold out until Jet Blue opens their schedules for that block of time. We fly out of Syracuse so we don't have alot of carriers to choose from beyond the Delta/United/Jet Blue/Us Air type carriers.

It can differ by aircraft depending on route - not just airline. Many (most) american carriers have AVOD in planes that do longer routes. When you search for itineraries, you can see the type of plane that (normally) flies that route. Check seatguru or another website to see if that aircraft ON THAT Airline has seat back video.

Remember - those video systems are under the seats - sometimes only one seat per row is affected, sometimes all the seats are affected (I've had it all ways:rolleyes:)

I know Jet Blue has the in seat tv's. We had them on the longer segment of our Delta flights to and from LAX earlier this year. It sure made the longer flight go by quicker for dh. I don't really care if I watch tv or not but he really enjoyed those flights.

Are there other carriers that offer in seat tv's (as opposed to the occiasional over head tv showing movies)? We are looking at next April's flights to San Diego and have been watch some of the Delta flights for good deals. Otherwise we may actually hold out until Jet Blue opens their schedules for that block of time. We fly out of Syracuse so we don't have alot of carriers to choose from beyond the Delta/United/Jet Blue/Us Air type carriers.

It depends a lot on the flight. Few airlines are in a position to offer 'setback' TV as the signal typically is only available over a single country (the USA in the case of B6/JetBlue); so for example flying B6 from SJU to FLL; you don't get much coverage.

The other airline I can think of that offers it; is WS/Westjet; but again only while over land Canada/USA.

Other airlines (such as AC/Air Canada) operate AVOD (Video on Demand) system, where you can pick from pre-recorded movies and TV shows; and yet other airlines offer tray top video players, like the DigiPlayer that AS/Alaska rent.

Personally, I just bring a small laptop computer with a couple of movies/TV shows on it.

Continental is equipping some of their fleet with LiveTV that is the same service JetBlue uses. There's a page on Continental's website showing their progress. Also, in the online reservation process you can see whether your flight is equipped or not. It was almost complete at the beginning of this year so I'd expect they are completed.

I believe Virgin America and Frontier also have satellite TV. I don't know if they charge (CO charges).

FYI, as pointed out the LiveTV service only operates over the "Lower 48" or within 200 miles of the coast. This is due to licensing and broadcast rights and not due to technical stuff. Outside the service area, CO carries about 4 pre-programmed channels with programming that loops every 1-2 hours.

Thanks everyone for the replies :) I'll be checking more of the airlines equipment as this will open up more options for flying. I'm still partial to Jet Blue for all their perks but it's rare that their flights work out for us since dh doesn't like flying into JFK.

Archived