Cab fares NYC-Newark Airport

Grifftails

Hi everyone,

I know I've seen the answer somwhere in here but now I can't find it :)

Does anyone know how much the cab fare would be from the Pier in NYC to Newark Airport? One more question, are the cabs big enough for 2 adults with "a lot" of luggage..

Thank you,

Malvina:confused:

Hey Grifftails,

I was wondering the same thing as I'm trying to figure out whether I should rent a car in NYC or get to Newark Airport and rent one there.

YvonneE

LESS THAN $100USD PERHAPS $75.00 AT BEST .YOU HAVE PETS CORRECT !!MOST CAR SERVICES WILL NOT TAKE PETS AND THEY CHARGE XTRA FOR LUGGAGE ON SHORT TRIPS!!! I KNOW SOME ONE QUOTED YOU $43.00 USD BUT I DON'T THINK THAT IS POSSIBLE. ADD TAX, TIP AND TOLL!!! RENT A CAR IN NYC AND SAVE THE HASSLE!!! BEST REGARDS JIM

Hello Yvonne,

We are renting a car for our upcoming trip because we don't want to pay for parking for an extended period. My two recommendations for one way rentals are 1) Enterprise and 2) Budget. Enterprise usually will pick one up at any location although I'm not sure what their policy is in NYC.

I hope you'll post your experience travelling with your service dogs on QM2. My favorite activity as a child was visiting the kennels as we crossed. On our most recent crossing on QE2 it was quite a sight to see the dogs boarding the ship. They were prancing next to their white-gloved Cunard stewards and looking as if they were as eagerly anticipating their trip as we.

Thanks Moose,

Having said that - got any recommendations for US car rentals agency's (1 way travel)?

Searching from the other side of the world yeilds endless providers

Thanks

YvonneE

I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST ENTERPRISE ALSO i JUST HAD ONE THIER RENTALS, GREAT SERVICE!!TRY CONTACTING THEM AT http://WWW.ENTERPRISE.COM HPE THIS HELPS JIM

Last April we booked a car using the Yellow Pages in the hotel. I've just checked my credit card statement and it was $56(Total, inc. tip). It was billed by "Lincoln Limo Broker" but I think it was listed in Yellow Pages as "Lincoln Town Cars" or something like that.

The rental car thing is a pain in the butt! ... I'm struggling with getting from the pier to the local offices with my dogs (in cages) and luggage (2 persons).

... somehow I don't imagine that will be so easy. Do you guys think the ship will be able to arrange a taxi that will take the dogs a few blocks?

YvonneE

My husband and I booked a 7 passenger van for pick-up in New York to JFK for oonly 48$US from super shuttle (1-800-258-3826). I don't know about Newark though...

How do you book the super shuttle if you don't know the time you'll be off the boat?

Peter.

Archived