Excursion with 21 month old.. Eastern Carribean, Epic

Hi. I really need some help finding the best way to enjoy the beach at St. Maarten and St. Thomas with a 21 month old. We would like ways to visit calm water beaches without going through NCL's excursions since they never give you enough time at the beach.

St. Maarten: I looked up Orient Beach but it looks like rough waters. I prefer a bay/lagoon, is there one? How can we get there?

As for St. Thomas, Magens Bay beach sounds good but the NCL tour only gives you 2 hours at the beach. Where would you get a taxi to go to this beach and do they have/require a car seat for our toddler?

As for Nassau, we would probably go with the Blue Lagoon beach break.

Thank you!

I can't help with the car seat issue, but Magens Bay would be great for a small child. We have been there a lot and with one exception it is very very calm. Most of the taxis are open air safari type vehicles and I am pretty sure don't even have seat belts. All of the beaches I have been to in St. Maarten have been full of waves. Those were Maho, Orient, and Dawn.

Archived