14 Year Old in Club 02

mit01

How dare any of you question my knowledge, or especially my parenting skills. That is exactly the way I took some of your statements (as I am sure they were intended). I understand the need for rules! There are many in my house everyday; but without knowing me or my child - how can you even make such comments? For the record - I did not "fall off a tomato truck yesterday" (a little southern venicular for you) and only I know my daughter. I understand that teenagers in general have quite an influence over each other and a lot of shenanigans go on (been there done that); but at the same time - just because my daughter would rather have a conversation or a dance with an older boy instead of playing play-doh with him, does not mean ANYTHING, other than she is more mature than most girls her age - which is precisely why we decided to ask for an exception to the rule! Our request was eventually granted! Period.

Good Luck to the OP - I hope you find your experience with CCL the same way I did - a satisfied customer :).

Here is what I wish: I wish that when Carnival says that its kids clubs have age limits that they mean it and that people who want their kids to have "conversations" or "dance" with kids who are not in their assigned group do so OUTSIDE of Camp Carnival, Circle C, or O2. That way I as a parent with a kid in Circle C will not have to worry that some other dopey parent paid a staff member to put an older kid in my child's group!

Here is what I wish: I wish that when Carnival says that its kids clubs have age limits that they mean it and that people who want their kids to have "conversations" or "dance" with kids who are not in their assigned group do so OUTSIDE of Camp Carnival, Circle C, or O2. That way I as a parent with a kid in Circle C will not have to worry that some other dopey parent paid a staff member to put an older kid in my child's group!

So sad that you think I am dopey, dude; but I never paid the staff member. I asked for an exception and it was granted. I only said that "greasing the palm" doesn't hurt.

Welcome to the real world where there are IN FACT rules; but they are often broken.

As parents - we worry about our children every single minute of every single day. Whether they are older or younger, male or female. If all it took was a wish - gee, I'd be wished out!

I'm not sure that telling me it's an immature high schooler helps to reassure me.

why are you so worried that your son may be in the same group as a high schooler?

if your son is participating in the activities, then they are being supervised by the club people.

And if your son is just hanging out with the 15 year old... well i for one dont see that happening.

you seem to think that one 15 year old is going to corrupt your kid, and they cant even bring anything horrific on the ship.

you need to stop worrying about your son maybe having to be around a 15 year old

So sad that you think I am dopey, dude; but I never paid the staff member. I asked for an exception and it was granted. I only said that "greasing the palm" doesn't hurt.

Welcome to the real world where there are IN FACT rules; but they are often broken.

As parents - we worry about our children every single minute of every single day. Whether they are older or younger, male or female. If all it took was a wish - gee, I'd be wished out!

Yes, i think it's dopey to acknowledge there are rules and then to encourage others to break them and to give suggestions on how.

Yes, i think it's dopey to acknowledge there are rules and then to encourage others to break them and to give suggestions on how.

as I am sure you have never sped, or failed to put your turn signal on to change lanes, or been late on any of your bills, or cut in line. Let's just agree to disagree.

Kids will lead or follow at any age. Whether it is a 14 year old girl mixing with an older crowd, or a younger boy "being influenced" by an older child. Bottom line is they will act as they were taught. If they know the difference between right and wrong they will make their own decisions regardless of what Carnival's rules are...................

Have a good evening Bandman!

How dare any of you question my knowledge, or especially my parenting skills. That is exactly the way I took some of your statements (as I am sure they were intended). I understand the need for rules! There are many in my house everyday; but without knowing me or my child - how can you even make such comments? For the record - I did not "fall off a tomato truck yesterday" (a little southern venicular for you) and only I know my daughter. I understand that teenagers in general have quite an influence over each other and a lot of shenanigans go on (been there done that); but at the same time - just because my daughter would rather have a conversation or a dance with an older boy instead of playing play-doh with him, does not mean ANYTHING, other than she is more mature than most girls her age - which is precisely why we decided to ask for an exception to the rule! Our request was eventually granted! Period.

Good Luck to the OP - I hope you find your experience with CCL the same way I did - a satisfied customer :).

Thank you all for your insight.

I feel like I've opened up a can of worms here. I certainly didn't mean for this thread to turn into a debate on parenting skills or how to influence workers to break rules.

While I find it reassuring that the staff is diligent in enforcing the age restrictions, it's also nice to know that they may make an exception taking into consideration what grade the child is in.

If the kids' clubs on Carnival are anything like they are on Royal, then my girls probably won't use them much. They tend to go to the club the first night and first day, make some friends, then spend their time on board walking around and finding some quiet place to "chill." :D Any time I've asked them if anything was happening in the clubs, they always said that hardly anyone was ever there. Maybe things will be different on Carnival.

Steve

why not just say to heck with all the age groups/rules/regulations etc and let kids meet and mingle around the pool/Lido/pizza/burger places like they would at home and it would get rid of all this crap of begging/pleading/playing nicey/greasing palms to get them into groups that parents so rightfully think their darlings should be. Carnival is trying to make things easy and all we do is complicate a very straight forward situation.

Archived