14 Year Old in Club 02

mit01

Does anyone know if a 14 year old can go into Club 02? I realize that Circle C is for ages 12-14, and that Club 02 is for 15-17. I was wondering if the staff was strict on age enforcement, or if kids could come and go as they please without having their age questioned.

Thanks,

Steve

Does anyone know if a 14 year old can go into Club 02? I realize that Circle C is for ages 12-14, and that Club 02 is for 15-17. I was wondering if the staff was strict on age enforcement, or if kids could come and go as they please without having their age questioned.

Thanks,

Steve

Yes, they will say they are really strict on this but for all of our cruises, we have tipped the person in charge that the camps and both of my kids have gotten into each others camps. (ages 13 and 16). People will come on here and say they are strict but a little cash can make the rules less strict. Happy cruising!

They check ages. The club director has a list and there is a sign up process. At times, they will allow a 90 day discretion. So if your son or daughter is within 90 days of their 15th B-day at the time of sailing, they may choose to admit them into Club O2.

They have a list with the ages so they know who is eligible for each location.

You didn't mention any mitigating circumstances (i.e. a sibling), so my question might be why you think the rules in place should not apply to you? :confused:

They knew my children's ages from our booking info.

On the Glory and the Freedom they were strict, not letting my daughter go to Circle C with her brother and cousins even though we asked nicely and explained that the cousins rarely see each other and she is one of the most mature girls you could ever meet. She spent most of camp time unhappily hanging out with us, but rules are rules.

However, last year on the Legend they had no problem letting her move up to Circle C so they could be together. So rules are rules, but I guess in some instances they are not hard and fast. She had the best time ever!

I had the exact situation 2 years ago. They do in fact have a list of each child scheduled (and their ages) from their booking information. We had 2 girls ages 15 and 14 (best friends) traveling. Obviously, one was eligible and the other not. It is my understanding that it is up to the director of the club. We asked the Director and were denied. We went to Guest Services and asked and were told that the 14 year old could attend on a "probationary" basis. Depending on her maturity level - the Director would make a decision after observing her behavior the first night. All was well and the 14 year old enjoyed herself all week. Just remember - you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, AND I agree with previous poster that a little "greasing of the palm" also goes a long way! GOOD LUCK!

One other factor that may assist you in getting a child moved into Club O2 is IF they are in high school.

IF this is the case, take proof.

Not a guarantee, but one of the most important reasons that exceptions are made.

I had the exact situation 2 years ago. They do in fact have a list of each child scheduled (and their ages) from their booking information. We had 2 girls ages 15 and 14 (best friends) traveling. Obviously, one was eligible and the other not. It is my understanding that it is up to the director of the club. We asked the Director and were denied. We went to Guest Services and asked and were told that the 14 year old could attend on a "probationary" basis. Depending on her maturity level - the Director would make a decision after observing her behavior the first night. All was well and the 14 year old enjoyed herself all week. Just remember - you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, AND I agree with previous poster that a little "greasing of the palm" also goes a long way! GOOD LUCK!

wow= that like sucked that the pursers desk said yea after the camp director said no. (that shoulda pi$$ed that director off totally)

what is the sense of a rule if someone else on the ship can over power your say?

It depends on the sailing-- if you are sailing during a high peak family time and there are a lot of kids in the one higher age age group- you will be denied. BUT ask if the other kid can move down should be no problem.

One other factor that may assist you in getting a child moved into Club O2 is IF they are in high school.

IF this is the case, take proof.

Not a guarantee, but one of the most important reasons that exceptions are made.

Agreed. This worked for us. I had my step daughter bring her high school id with her and once we showed them that, they let her in to club 02. There was no greasing of the palms.

Yes, there are strict rules we have to follow. Do not go to Guest Services, they have no power over the clubs and all they can do is repeat the rules to you or request you talk to the Youth Director, and it creates a lot of undermining and the director will be much less inclined to help you with the going-behind-the-back situation.

14 year olds will be allowed in Club O2 only after a day of observation by each director - first they have to spend time in Circle C (usually 2 hours of activities), and they can't just be moping around the time, that shows immaturity. If they 'pass the test' (just showing that they are mature and can handle the older club), then they will be allowed in Club O2 by communication between the 2 directors - the Circle C Director has to tell the O2 director, just your word won't work. Then they will be in the O2 club on 'probation', which just means that they will make sure she is doing okay with the older group, and if they are too immature, they won't be allowed back in (in my experience this has only happened in extreme circumstances.)

If you have a 15 year old, they can move down an age group and still hang outw ith 14 year olds - it might be a better option if the O2 group is all older teens - sometimes this happens and the teenagers can literally be giants and seem intimidating.

Just make sure you observe what kinds of teens are going to the Club O2 and if you are comfortable as a parentw ith letting your 14 year old hanging out with older teens who usually adopt the view that 'what happens on the ship stays on the ship'.

I would also advices setting rules for your teens before going and letting them 'loose', such as never going into others' cabins - trust me, this is a biggie.

Wow. So my 12 yr old might be in a group w 15 year olds. That's a 6th grader w a high schooler.

Maybe one or two kids.. and if they are in with the 12-14 year olds Maybe--jsut maybe they are not mature enough to handle 15-17 year olds.

when my son was 15 there was no way he could be in that age group.

(i acted more like a 12 year old)

Please note that these kids tend to hang out together more then they participate in group activities. -

Maybe one or two kids.. and if they are in with the 12-14 year olds Maybe--jsut maybe they are not mature enough to handle 15-17 year olds.

when my son was 15 there was no way he could be in that age group.

(i acted more like a 12 year old)

Please note that these kids tend to hang out together more then they participate in group activities. -

I'm not sure that telling me it's an immature high schooler helps to reassure me.

I'm not sure that telling me it's an immature high schooler helps to reassure me.

what that was telling you- was these kids tend to hang out together- and the 12 year old will probably be hanging with kids his own age.

a high schooler is not going to want anything to do with a 12 year old.

You need to let your 12 year old know what you expect and consequences for when you are onboard- the no going to anyones cabin for any reason and NO one coming to his either. are just one of the good rules.

staying in the public areas at all times. - going over the camp pages and deciding what he will do and where will he be at other times. and seeing your Fun Times so he knows where you will be at all times.

(i just also want to add-- this is why there is an age factor for camps and the rest-- a 14 year old girl in with the 17 year old boys is asking for trouble)_

Thanks,

Steve

Very strict. I had two boys on the fasination last week, one boy is 13 the other 15. They would not allow the 13 year old to move up, or the 15 year old to move down. I talked to five different people in my attempts but with no luck. As it turned out the 13 year had a blast, he was the one worried about not having his brother with him. As far as coming and going, they have to show their room card to gain entry and they check the list.

Yes, they will say they are really strict on this but for all of our cruises, we have tipped the person in charge that the camps and both of my kids have gotten into each others camps. (ages 13 and 16). People will come on here and say they are strict but a little cash can make the rules less strict. Happy cruising!

So a valid question is asked, and you openly tell everyone that the Carnival Staff accepts bribes (tips). That builds confidence in the program for everyone to ponder?

So a valid question is asked, and you openly tell everyone that the Carnival Staff accepts bribes (tips). That builds confidence in the program for everyone to ponder?

I agree, I have a huge problem with this - not only because this involves the safety of the teens, but it completely undermines the rules and whole point of having different age groups. I would hope that if anybody saw this, they would report it ...

Why are parents in such a hurry for their 14 year olds to grow up and hang out with the older crowd? I just don't think some parents realize the things that these older teens are doing. There were constantly things that the teens would say and do that would shock me, and I would not want my 14 year old to be around these influences.

Thanks,

Steve

They have age restrictions for a reason please respect it for the sake of all!

i find this a tad hard to beleive- I mean they can lose their job for the little bit of tip from someone.

When did you sail?

On our last cruise, my daughter had just turned 12, and I was nervous about sending her to Circle C. I personally witnessed a parent trying to get their 15 year old son (by "greasing the palm") into Circle C and was very politely refused. Explanation given was that their are licensing that all Camp Carnival has to go through, and it wasn't worth risking that licensing to bend the rules, and all teens were welcome to fraternize outside Camp Carnival, but within the designated Circle C room (and the designated O2 room) there would be no crossing of lines. It greatly restored my faith in Carnival's safety standards, and I don't care who says there's ways around it, I believe them when they say that it's not worth loosing their licensing over. Now we're cruising again and my daughter is 14, and perfectly happy to spend another cruise in Circle C. Me too!!

Archived