Our amazing Dream cruise--photo and trivia review!

EMc&DrS

• 2 months later...
Great review! In July, I booked this itinerary aboard the Dream for our first cruise. We depart May 26th and we can't wait. It's me, DH, & DDs 18, 17, & 11 (age on the cruise). We booked connecting cove balconies 2407 & 2409.

I've booked one excursion. Care to guess which one? Maya Chan! LOL So excited. Your description and pictures were PERFECT.

Thank you for such a great report!

If you don't mind, please send me the document of all your information. My email is my screen name (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks again!

Hi,

We have the same 2 cabins booked for March 2013. How did you like your cabins, any noise issue with the galley?

Thanks

• 8 months later...
Our biggest mistake of the trip was opting to take I-75 to the FL Turnpike instead of I-10 to Jacksonville. The FL Turnpike was fine—about $3.50 between Ocala and Orlando. The problem was FL route 528 which you take from the turnpike to Cocoa Beach. I wasn’t aware that this road was a toll road too, and we racked up about $6 in tolls over a very short distance. When we were having to stop for the third time in less than 5 miles to pay yet another $2.25 (there was no rhyme or reason to the amounts!), I asked the attendant, “How many more of these tolls are there between here and I-95.” His response of, “I have no idea” did not go over well with me. Needless to say, we took I-95 to I-10 on the way home!

Thank you very much for commenting about the tolls. We live in Marietta and will be driving to Port Canaveral in November for the Dream. I think I will adopt your I-95 to I-10.

• 1 month later...

I've read several threads and the info you have in your post was clear, concise and invaluable. And i love a good game of trivia. Thanks!!!

We leave in a week and I booked an ocean view on the Dream 2 weeks ago for a fantastic price. So I don't have any excursions booked and my options are buying at the pier in cash, scoring discounts on an underbooked excursion (hopefully) onboard the cruise or finding good food and drinks at a nearby beach without the hassle of a tour.

I'm so excited!!!

Archived