Conquest aft wrap. Deck 6,7,or 8? Booking tonight!!

tasmith09

Booked!!!!!!!!

7440 and 7434:)

Thanks for all the tips and pictures. I think we're booking 7440 and 7434 tonight when I get home from work (shame on me, posting to CC while on the clock ;). The only downside I've read from either of these rooms is the lack of couch, but with a balcony that big, who cares!

Again, thanks for all your help! We've been thinking about booking this for awhile, but we just got the news today that the idiot Dr. who diagnosed my mother-in-law with cancer a couple weeks ago was wrong. So after 2 terrifying weeks, thinking that her cancer had come back, we're using this cruise as a celebration that she is still cancer-free after 7 years of remission.

Thanks again!

We have this cabin booked on the Conquest in November.

Have had two afts before, but this will be our first wrap....

EXCITED!!!!!!:p

The only down side is that there is not couch, but I will learn to cope...;)

Woo Hoo on your booking.

Sorry for the scary 2 wks, but glad to hear all is clear & she is still in remission.

As for no couch, it didn't bother us & having the head of the bed at the window wasn't horrible either. :)

There is no couch on the Glory, the one difference between the ships. From what I have heard from those that have had the cabin on the Liberty, there is a couch and you will be fine as far as space goes.

Thanks for the info. :) I'm glad to see you think there will be plenty of room to pull the couch out. I was finally able to find a pic of our cabin & it it looks like a really tight fit. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1518872196082395217FabFMk It really doesn't look like there's room to make it into a bed. I'd love to see what the cabin looks like with it pulled out. We love the balcony & being at the back of the ship. I really don't want to have to switch to a suite for our DS to be comfortable.

If loungers are not there, you can request them. If they balk at bringing them, or if the never manage to get them to you... then just do as I have done a couple of times and go grab a couple. I have NEVER had anyone stop me as I go down the hall with a lounger. It's rather fun actually!

My vote is ALWAYS for deck 6, and we've never had any problems with lounge music from below. Still, there will be times you find items on your balcony which were thrown overboard. On our Valor sailing recently there were cigarette butts on our balcony each morning - sometimes even 4 or 5 of them!! Our steward made the magically disappear.

We have found all sorts of tossed items out there... from maracas to roaches (not the kind w/legs).

Tom

Thanks for the tip. If we don't have enough loungers, I'll send my DH on a scavenger hunt. :D

Woo Hoo on your booking.

Sorry for the scary 2 wks, but glad to hear all is clear & she is still in remission.

As for no couch, it didn't bother us & having the head of the bed at the window wasn't horrible either. :)

I don't know if you were replying to me concerning the couch, but we need it for our DS(19) to sleep on. I don't think he'd be comfortable on a cot for a week.

Sorry for the weird question, but were you able to see the ocean out the second window while laying in bed??

Not really since it's the since it's the side of the ship. If you lay on your tummy, or if you were to be on your side, you might be able to some. We were okay, because we spent so much of the time on the actual balcony, especially my hubby. He took naps out there. :D

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. :) I'm glad to see you think there will be plenty of room to pull the couch out. I was finally able to find a pic of our cabin & it it looks like a really tight fit. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1518872196082395217FabFMk It really doesn't look like there's room to make it into a bed. I'd love to see what the cabin looks like with it pulled out. We love the balcony & being at the back of the ship. I really don't want to have to switch to a suite for our DS to be comfortable.

A little late, and you may have found your answer somewhere else, but the couches don't pull out. The cushions come off the back to make a bed for one person. :)

Archived