Conquest aft wrap. Deck 6,7,or 8? Booking tonight!!

tasmith09

What is your favorite aft wrap on the conquest class ships?? Deck 6, 7, or 8? I'm thinking deck 8, but will there be a noise issue from the Lido above?

I'm booking tonight so tell me which one you had and what you did or did not like about it.

Also, we are booking the premium balcony cabin immediately forward of the aft wrap as well so if you have opinions on those too, please share!

(Post pictures if you have them!!)

Thanks!

My husband and I had aft wrap cabin 6452 last November. We really liked this room because we had more open floor space. We could hear (faintly) music from the karoke at night. Once my head hit that pillow I fell asleep fast and slept soundly. The great thing about the aft wraps on deck 6 is that you have a little foyer that leads to the door to your cabin, so you don't hear the noise from the hallway. If you go to cruise line rooms dot com and click on the Conquest, than scroll down to cabin 6452, I posted pictures of the cabin and balcony. You can also check to see if there are pictures of the other aft wraps on the higher up decks, they just have to have a camera icon next to the cabin number.

We enjoyed the aft wrap on deck 6 so much that we have booked the same cabin for our up coming cruise on the Triumph in September. I hope this helps you make your decision.

Deck 8, things can be thrown from Lido and land on your balcony from Lido deck, like cigarette butts.

6 you can get some lounge noise .. but have heard these are the better cabins size and layout wise.

7 is in between two decks and the least things to bother you

Deck 7. It is between two floors of cabins and is the floor all of the suites are on, so you will more likely have the best stewards on the ship. I made the mistake of staying right above the piano bar once. Will never do that again. LOL

Go with deck 7 it's quiet. We've had an extended balcony and the L-shaped cabin on deck 6 before on the Conquest after the 2nd time we moved upto deck 7. You can hear the noise from the lounge below on 5 it use to be private parites or Karaoke. But now it's the Comedy Club which has a show at midnight or after. If your night owls you'll be OK on 6 but if your not go with 7 you will not hear anything from the lounge on 6 or the Lido on 9. :)

We have had both deck 6 and 7 on the Glory and I would take 6. Deck 6 seemed to have a deeper balcony and the noise from the clubs did not affect us at all.

DECK SIX ON THE GLORY: 6452

2554921160064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

DECK SEVEN ON THE GLORY:7445

2735458070064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Does anyone have pictures of a deck 7 aft wrap. It looks like its not so aft as the others. Is the view just as good?

There are pictures of aft wrap cabin 7440 at cruise line rooms dot com. The room configuration is different than the aft wraps on deck 6. These are pictures from the Conquest. There is a picture of cabin 7445 on the valor at the same website.

Thanks for all the tips and pictures. I think we're booking 7440 and 7434 tonight when I get home from work (shame on me, posting to CC while on the clock ;). The only downside I've read from either of these rooms is the lack of couch, but with a balcony that big, who cares!

Again, thanks for all your help! We've been thinking about booking this for awhile, but we just got the news today that the idiot Dr. who diagnosed my mother-in-law with cancer a couple weeks ago was wrong. So after 2 terrifying weeks, thinking that her cancer had come back, we're using this cruise as a celebration that she is still cancer-free after 7 years of remission.

Thanks again!

We have 8448 and 8442 coming up on Valor.........can't wait......the divider is supposed to be able to be opened......(that's my first thing to do on the ship is get that opened!!)......Hoping these cabins are a good pick!!!!!!!!

jul

My vote is deck 7. :) We had 7445 & loved it & our cabin steward was awesome!!! I have pictures of the room & balcony in my review, link is in my signature. Hope it helps. :)

We have this cabin booked on the Conquest in November.

Have had two afts before, but this will be our first wrap....

EXCITED!!!!!!:p

The only down side is that there is not couch, but I will learn to cope...;)

My husband and I had aft wrap cabin 6452 last November. We really liked this room because we had more open floor space. We could hear (faintly) music from the karoke at night. Once my head hit that pillow I fell asleep fast and slept soundly. The great thing about the aft wraps on deck 6 is that you have a little foyer that leads to the door to your cabin, so you don't hear the noise from the hallway. If you go to cruise line rooms dot com and click on the Conquest, than scroll down to cabin 6452, I posted pictures of the cabin and balcony. You can also check to see if there are pictures of the other aft wraps on the higher up decks, they just have to have a camera icon next to the cabin number.

We enjoyed the aft wrap on deck 6 so much that we have booked the same cabin for our up coming cruise on the Triumph in September. I hope this helps you make your decision.

We have had both deck 6 and 7 on the Glory and I would take 6. Deck 6 seemed to have a deeper balcony and the noise from the clubs did not affect us at all.

We have 6452 booked on Liberty. I'm assuming it will be the same as the cabins you both had. I didn't see a couch in the pics. Our DS(19) will need to sleep there. Is there plenty of room for him on the couch, & plenty of room to walk around when the couch is made into a bed? TIA :)

What is your favorite aft wrap on the conquest class ships?? Deck 6, 7, or 8? I'm thinking deck 8, but will there be a noise issue from the Lido above?

I'm booking tonight so tell me which one you had and what you did or did not like about it.

Also, we are booking the premium balcony cabin immediately forward of the aft wrap as well so if you have opinions on those too, please share!

(Post pictures if you have them!!)

Thanks!

Deck 6 Starboard!!;)

We have 6452 booked on Liberty. I'm assuming it will be the same as the cabins you both had. I didn't see a couch in the pics. Our DS(19) will need to sleep there. Is there plenty of room for him on the couch, & plenty of room to walk around when the couch is made into a bed? TIA :)

There is no couch on the Glory, the one difference between the ships. From what I have heard from those that have had the cabin on the Liberty, there is a couch and you will be fine as far as space goes.

Again, thanks for all your help! We've been thinking about booking this for awhile, but we just got the news today that the idiot Dr. who diagnosed my mother-in-law with cancer a couple weeks ago was wrong. So after 2 terrifying weeks, thinking that her cancer had come back, we're using this cruise as a celebration that she is still cancer-free after 7 years of remission.

Thanks again!

Wonderful news and certainly reason to celebrate!!! If you want the dividers open be sure to make your first stop the pursers desk.

If loungers are not there, you can request them. If they balk at bringing them, or if the never manage to get them to you... then just do as I have done a couple of times and go grab a couple. I have NEVER had anyone stop me as I go down the hall with a lounger. It's rather fun actually! :D

43476784_rQvVZ-XL.jpg

My vote is ALWAYS for deck 6, and we've never had any problems with lounge music from below. Still, there will be times you find items on your balcony which were thrown overboard. On our Valor sailing recently there were cigarette butts on our balcony each morning - sometimes even 4 or 5 of them!! Our steward made the magically disappear.

We have found all sorts of tossed items out there... from maracas to roaches (not the kind w/legs).

Tom

Okay, looking more closely at the pictures for 7440 now. Just noticing the head of the bed is at a window, does that bother anyone else? I know on our (only) cruise, we enjoyed laying in bed and watching the ocean as we fell asleep, or when it was a bit too cold or windy to be out on the balcony.

Are you still able to enjoy an ocean view from bed in this room?

Guess its too late now, just wanting to know if I'm crazy for not liking the bed/window setup??

Archived