Finding a Driver?

Herb2relax

I am new to the board. Hubby & I will be going on our first cruise Dec '11. I am very interested in finding a one on one taxi driver while in Cozumel. Any tips anyone can give as of how to pick one would be appreciated. Also if anyone has a cab number or name that would be awesome! Oh, of course if you have suggestions of something I shouldnt miss please dont hesitate. :)

I am new to the board. Hubby & I will be going on our first cruise Dec '11. I am very interested in finding a one on one taxi driver while in Cozumel. Any tips anyone can give as of how to pick one would be appreciated. Also if anyone has a cab number or name that would be awesome! Oh, of course if you have suggestions of something I shouldnt miss please dont hesitate. :)

Hola Herb2Relax, I thing the info you need is in this link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29528410#post29528410

What do you plan to do? Cabs are plentiful and fares are pretty standard. (Just check to verify before getting in cab.) If you are planning to go to a beach club or to a restaurant, it's easy to get one right at the port and then another when returning.

If you are wanting a day tour, that's a different story. Still, the supply is ample, just be sure to verify the fare before going anywhere.

Mike

Kletina that was exactly what I was looking for!

I want someone to take us around to do whatever we want. Maybe some not so crowded beaches for snorkeling, a local hole in the wall place to eat & maybe some things that are great to see that we wouldnt think of.

We did just that in November. We asked the attendant at the cab service for a day tour. He located a driver, set the price and gave us a receipt so there would be no question of the amount when we returned.

Driver took us around and even suggested a few places. We went to the ruins and he waited patiently for us. We ended up going around the island stopping to sightsee.

Very easy to do, just tell them what you want up front.

Our driver was great and he earned a BIG tip.

I do not remember his name but his van had big letters at the top of his windshield that said "Hey, Mr. Mule". Never did understand what that meant.

Good luck and have fun on your trip.

I do not remember his name but his van had big letters at the top of his windshield that said "Hey, Mr. Mule". Never did understand what that meant.

LOL that reminds me, one time we had a cab driver in Riviera Maya and his front window had a sticker on top that said "The New Animal."

Archived