Handicap Cabin

ktb2002

Thank you so much pjtulsa! I had found another thread where i wrote down all the HC rooms, but this is much more convenient. Not getting a handicap room will NOT ruin my cruise, but the more I have to help him with the simple things in life the more frustrated he gets!

If you end up booking a standard cabin, you might want to consider contacting the Special Needs Dept to request a shower stool. This can be provided free . It may provide some safety and comfort for your husband. I know how fatiguing the treatment can be.

Hope you have a good cruise ! Parayer go out to you and your family.

I was shocked at how few HC cabins there actually are! It made me think that Carnival should be adding more to the new ships but the Magic also only has 2 Balcony Cabins that are HC :(

As far as the cabins only being released after Final payment, that would be a good start but you can actually book a HC cabin the day the sailing is released. When booking it a warning will pop up that you are booking a HC cabin and that you can be moved. In reality the only time they move someone is if the HC person really pushes for the cabin they rightly qualify and need..

On my Christmas cruise a few years ago we meet a lovely couple from San Diego. The wife was sad because she had to leave her brother who is a quad at home because she was told there were no HC cabins available. She left it at that... Well we meet another very nice family who had 2 young adult children (early 20's) that were in a HC cabin and thought it was cool because it seemed larger... They were never contacted and asked if they would mind being moved to accomodate a person that really needed the cabin, the ship was not sold out until about 2 weeks before sailing so that was not the reason for not moving the kids... From reading all the posts about this I dont think Carnival takes this seriously.

I kinda wish there was a fine that could be imposed on CCL so that they would wake up and respect the passengers with needs.... They sure take smuggling serious so why cant they pay a little attention to this?

Thank you to all! We just called guest services (rather than waiting for them to call us). We successfully got the last HC room available. We were able to get an oceanview on deck 2. I just really appreciate all of your help and suggestions!

Thank you to all! We just called guest services (rather than waiting for them to call us). We successfully got the last HC room available. We were able to get an oceanview on deck 2. I just really appreciate all of your help and suggestions!

Glad to hear it worked out for you...

I had a similar cabin on the Valor that was not HC and it was huge, we actually had a party with 12 people and had plenty of room.

It did have vibration when docking and the last night but other than that it was wonderful.

thanks....it is an odd shaped room for sure. i have been checking the sites for pictures, but have yet to find any. This will definitely make it easier on him and allow him to be more self sufficient.

Yay! So happy to check in and see that you were able to book a cabin that will meet his needs. AWESOME news. Enjoy.

Some things that may help in treatment, at least they work for me. Coconut water, cytomax and propel to drink really help me when traveling to stay hydrated and help alleviate muscle craps from any depletion of potassium, calcium and sodium that I might have from my medication. Check with his doctors and see if these might help your husband as well. I also bring graham crackers to gnaw on because sometimes the food is just too rich.

Again my thoughts and prayers.

Glad you got it worked out.

Archived