Victory-Suggestions on shore excursions

Harbie

We are going on this cruise in January and I was hoping I could get some recomendations on good tours that others have taken. We like adventure, Rainforest, hiking, shopping, snorkeling, want to try local foods etc.

We are going on this cruise in January and I was hoping I could get some recomendations on good tours that others have taken. We like adventure, Rainforest, hiking, shopping, snorkeling, want to try local foods etc.

Come on over to the cruise roll call

Paul

201 days to go

Read the cruise reviews on this forum. i've been getting some good ideas that we may do for tours. i've read 3 of them so far. bcs819 / cra-z-2cruises / shwabob and tigger hmmm guess thats 4 i've read lol

We rented a car in every island - best thing ever! Saw things that an excursion could not have shown you in the limited amount of time.

St. Lucia especially! We made it to Sulphur Springs Volcano and the Pitons. It's a long drive, but very much worth it!

Best excursion i have ever done in 5 cruise's is definitely Calabaza Sailings in Barbados.........they only take 12 people so its not crowded and they feed you.....serve you endless drinks and take you snorkeling......awesome views of sunken tugboats....freighter.........old cannon and lots of fish and turtles! Can't miss this trust me !

Best excursion i have ever done in 5 cruise's is definitely Calabaza Sailings in Barbados.........they only take 12 people so its not crowded and they feed you.....serve you endless drinks and take you snorkeling......awesome views of sunken tugboats....freighter.........old cannon and lots of fish and turtles! Can't miss this trust me !

Looks amazing so... do you mind if I ask how much this excursion was $$?? Also... would we have to find the other 10 people or do they book as requested so the early bird gets to go type of thing??

Thank you for answering. I hope the OP is okay with these questions. :D

I am going to 2nd and 3rd Jersey Bruce - We have been to Barbados twice and went on Calabaza both times. You will regret it if you do not go - Gina and the crew are Fabulous and you will be treated like royalty.

It costs approx $110 pp and it will be the best money you can spend. They have a website - sailcalabaza.com so you can check it out.

Gina will respond immediately to any ? you have. Ask around on your roll call and you will be amazed how many folks would love to do this - great way to make new friends and spend some QT with them on the open waters.

Have a great time - tell Gina Kathy said Hi:D

Looks amazing so... do you mind if I ask how much this excursion was $$?? Also... would we have to find the other 10 people or do they book as requested so the early bird gets to go type of thing??

Thank you for answering. I hope the OP is okay with these questions. :D

No, you don't have to find 10 other people, you just book for yourselves.

Thanks everyone for the Barbados sailing answers!

Hubby & I are highly considering trading our Glory out of Miami Western itinerary for the Victory out of San Juan ~ same dates. I am like the OP and would love to hear more about the excursions everyone chose in various ports!

Here are some pics from our recent sail with Calabaza...

BD022.jpg

BD024.jpg

BD008.jpg

What an awesome day! One of my favorite tours ever!

Here is a link to full review of this cruise on June 12-19.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434032

Here is what we did in the other ports.

Enjoyed every single one of them.

St Thomas- Simplicity Charters day sail

St Lucia- Treetop Adventure Park zip line and challenge course

St Kitts- Spectrum ATV

St Marteen- America's Cup 12 Meter Challenge

San Juan- Segway tour of OSJ

Archived