Crown Princess D728

cruisingwith4

We're just off the Crown this past Monday. Our cruise was wonderful, and overall our mini-suite was great too, with just a couple minor irritations.

As this cabin is aft, when the engines would reverse, it causes the back end of the ship to vibrate. Not a big deal on it's own. However, our first night, the vibration was so bad, it caused the a rattling in our room so terrible it woke all four of us (me, DH, DS and DD) up at 2:30AM We called maintenance who came right up and said they'd have it fixed in the morning. Well, it was never really fixed. It happened again. Thankfully it was around dinner time. We recorded the sound, because Murphy's Law dictates it will never vibrate when we need it to, and played it for maintenance when they arrived a little later. They took the ladder out of the top bunk in the ceiling (which we weren't using) and it seemed to have helped. But it vibrated again another night. It wasn't as bad without the ladder in the bunk, but it was still irritating.

At night there was a sound of running water. It sounded as though water was going through a drain in the ceiling, beginning at the sitting area of the mini-suite and ending at the balcony. We could hear it burble urp all night, every night. This was just another sound of the ship to me, although I'd never heard it before on a ship. However I wanted to mention it in case someone looking at this cabin is sensitive to noise.

We had a couple stormy nights. The back of the ship was rocking and tilting pretty heavily during some rough waters. It rocked us to sleep like babies. We didn't mind it at all. But definitely not a cabin for people prone to seasickness.

Our balcony was a little smaller than what you would find on the Caribe deck and it is completely open, no partial or full cover. We didn't mind. I enjoyed it and spent a lot of time out there, when it wasn't raining.

Since the cabin was towards the end of the hall (by about 4 cabins), there wasn't a lot of traffic. It's close to the rear elevators and laundry room.

Archived