Goffs Caye

gmldolphin

We will be on the Carnival Dream in Sept. and were thinking about going to Goff Caye. Has anyone done this excursion on their own and not through the ship? If so can you tell me who you used and how it was and how much it cost? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Gail

We are going in two weeks. I will be sure to let you know how it is. Sounds good - $40 for 4.5 hours, rum punch and water. The ship is docked for 10 hours so I am not too worried about missing the tender. Some say it is an advantage to do the NCL snorkeling to avoid tendering in to Belize and going from there but I actually want to see the port. I am hoping there is a little time to explore outside of the tourist village area but we will play that part by ear.

We will be on the Carnival Dream in Sept. and were thinking about going to Goff Caye. Has anyone done this excursion on their own and not through the ship? If so can you tell me who you used and how it was and how much it cost? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Gail

We did Goff's Caye back in June 2008 thru Carnival and we had a great time. The crew that took us snorkeling were fabulous. They would dive down deep and bring up conch shells, starfish and othe crusteans. I would go thru Carnival again. :D

• 3 weeks later...

We don't usually do ship's tours, but for this one we did, just to avoid having to tender in, take the snorkel boat out/back in and then tender again. It was fantastic! Still one of the experiences we talk about most!

Archived