Can I request not to have a cabin upgrade?

I am going on the AOS for my honeymoon on June 5. We booked in January and got an E1 cabin on the 8th floor hump. Then last night, I randomly checked to see if prices had dropped since we booked and noticed that an E1 aft cabin was available on the 9th floor. I called travelocity and was able to get the room changed. The cabin is 9692 and we are really really excited that we got moved to an aft cabin. Now, I am worried that somehow with my luck we will get to the pier and find out we were upgraded to a midship D1 or something. I definitely do not want this to happen. I have my heart set on cabin 9692 now. Can I call RCCL and request that we don't get upgraded or should I not even worry? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Certainly you can have it noted, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. RCI very, very, very rarely does free upgrades. The only thing that might happen is if it's a cabin for 3 and there are only 2 of you. It doesn't happen often, but RCI does say in their fine print that they reserve the right to move parties of 2 to another cabin in the same category or better (of their choosing, unfortunately) out of 3/4 cabins if a 3/4 party wants to book and other 3/4's aren't available. Again, this is a very tiny possibility--I've only heard of it happening a few times.

beachchick

I am also under the impression, that if RCCL changes your cabin first they have to advise you TA and then they contact you to see what you would like to do.

However, I could be wrong but I have read various posts about this topic and seem to recall several people saying they got called first to see if they wanted the upgrades before they were officially moved.

Hope this helps and again if I am wrong, I know somebody will be quick to correct me.

We were upgraded from a mid ship cabin to a very forward cabin. I was not notified and just happened to check our confirmation on the RCCL web site (we went through an online TA). I noticed a midship in the same upgraded category and immediately called my TA. They called RCCL and changed the upgrade to the midship cabin. (These are interior cabins.)

So I think it would probably be best if you let your TA know that you want to be notified of any upgrade prior to RCCL changing.

Janet

We just got an upgrade (one we liked and accepted) and my TA called to make sure I wanted to accept it before we were moved. Of course that could be something that varies depending on how and who you book with. I love my TA.

Lori

Certainly you can have it noted, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. RCI very, very, very rarely does free upgrades. The only thing that might happen is if it's a cabin for 3 and there are only 2 of you. It doesn't happen often, but RCI does say in their fine print that they reserve the right to move parties of 2 to another cabin in the same category or better (of their choosing, unfortunately) out of 3/4 cabins if a 3/4 party wants to book and other 3/4's aren't available. Again, this is a very tiny possibility--I've only heard of it happening a few times.

beachchick

According to deck plans, cabin 9692 is a double occupancy cabin, not 3/4.

Hey cruisechik66: I'm on the cruise right before you! :D Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Archived