Silhouette Med Cruise with teens?

cruisingwith6

Hi! We are trying to decide between the Celebrity Silhouette and the Ruby Princess for our families first Med Cruise next summer. Our kids are older (20 18, 16 and 13) so a kids program is not important. They spend time together and with us. Our only experience with Celebrity was in 1991 on our very first cruise so we are not too familiar with the evening entertainment, public spaces, sports deck etc. How is Celebrity for teens? We truly like the Ruby Princess Grand Med itinerary better but have sailed once with Princess and really don't want to sail with them again (horrible evening entertainment and dining room food). We love the Freedom and Oasis class ships on Royal Caribbean but they are not offering the itineraries we are looking for.

Also, we know the Solstice, Equinox and Silhouette are sister ships and love the Equinox Itinerary too but we can sail the Silhouette for 13 days for the same price as the Equinox for 11. Is one ship better than another for any reason or are all three comparable?

Thanks for any help!

We did Equinox last summer - 11 days and had 2 teen girls with us (16 and 15 and 11/12ths) :) They had a lot of fun - connected with a few other (mostly) European teens and spent the time at the pools and the evening entertainment with them. We mostly just had dinner together and then we did our own thing and they did theirs.

I know nothing about princess though - so can;t really compare the two.

We were on the Sapphire Princess in Mexico in March 2011, and on the Celebrity Equinox in the Med in June 2011, with our 14 year old DD. The teen programs were pretty similar. There were fewer teens on our Equinox cruise, but our DD felt that the smaller number actually made it easier to make friends. The teens she met created their own Facebook group and are keeping up with each other post-cruise.

Here's a link to my review of our Equinox Med cruise, including comments on the teen program and some Celebrity vs. Princess comparisions: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1431761

Here's a link to a post I did about the teen program on the Sapphire Princess:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1382149

Hope this helps. I really think you can't go wrong with either choice.

Archived