Chef's Table - Compare Princess to Carnival

Debbierpof

My DH and I will be doing the Chef's Table on the Carnival Valor (very excited). We had the opportunity to do the Chef's Table on the Emerald Princess. I'm just wondering how the Carnival version compares to Princess. Anyone? Thanks! :D

Our 1st Chef's table experience was on the Princess Sapphire. It was awesome. We were joined by the assistant CD as someone cancelled last minute and she made it so much fun. Since it was our 1st time it blew us away, started at 6:30pm with a kitchen tour and snaks(really good) and we finally left the table just before midnight. Below is my reveiw of Carnival's ship Paradise Chef's Table.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1376173

I think we liked Princess' more only because of the company around the table. But as you can see by my review, we also loved Carnival's. So much so we have already pre-booked it on our upcoming Freedom cruise this October.

Sorry, can't compare Chef's tables, but if this meal were available in our town tonight for the same price, I would be there right now with my wife. We did Valor Chefs Table 6/7/11. Something I didn't know when we were there though...we were served Pinot Grigio until the Filet course and I prefer red wine. I could have asked for the red (Black Opal Syrah) to be poured the whole meal instead of waiting until the second to the last course.

We did the Chef's Table on the Caribbean Princess in June 2010. It was fabulous - exceptional appetizers, entrees and desserts, along with wine pairings for each course. It was over the top fantastic, with foods that you'll never see served anywhere else on the ship.

We did the Chef's Table on the Miracle in May 2011. It was OK, but no wine pairings (the choices for the entire evening were pinot grigio and shiraz), and the food was very similar to what was available in the steakhouse. There were some people at that dinner who were very unimpressed and felt that it was not worth the price.

I'd do another CT on Princess, but not on Carnival.

We've done the Chef's Table on Caribbean Princess and Golden Princess and loved them both. Are booked on Glory for our 7/30 cruise and will report back with comparisons upon our return.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a reservation for the Chefs Table? We will be sailing on the Carnival Breeze Med Cruise on 6.15.2012. Carnival told me to blog John Heald and a Cruise Critic review said to make the reservation through the Steak House. What is my best chance. Thanks;)

Sorry, can't compare Chef's tables, but if this meal were available in our town tonight for the same price, I would be there right now with my wife. We did Valor Chefs Table 6/7/11. Something I didn't know when we were there though...we were served Pinot Grigio until the Filet course and I prefer red wine. I could have asked for the red (Black Opal Syrah) to be poured the whole meal instead of waiting until the second to the last course.

Do you remember the Pinot that they served?

I received a confirmation from the Splendor steakhouse manager about 2 days after I emailed. Still haven't heard anything from 2 requests made on John's blog. Just email the steakhouse - probably the fastest way.

Archived