Anyone ever done Cave Tubing AND Reef Snorkeling in Belize?

rmartin1286

I'm torn-I want to go cave tubing AND go snorkeling at the Belize reef when our boat is in port on October 19th, but the only place I can find that has a tour like this listed is Fab Tours and everywhere I've looked they've gotten horrible reviews.

Has anyone ever done a day trip excursion on Belize where they were able to do both cave tubing and reef snorkeling? If so, what company did you use? I would just do zip lining and cave tubing in Roatan, but I can't find a place that does both in Roatan either.

Another question also...if anyone else has done Fab Tours, is it REALLY that bad? I mean, there are a few good reviews of them on Trip Advisor but it's from people who've only done one review and that makes me think it's a made-up review by the tour company. I would use them if someone here would back them up, but I haven't seen any glowing reviews for them at all.

From what I hear, the best diving in Belize is out of reach of the dive boats from the cruise ship, so I'd assume the same for snorkeling. If you are doing a Western and will visit Roatan and Coz, these ports are much better.

Cave tubing + zip line seems to be the common combo tour for Belize.

I'm torn-I want to go cave tubing AND go snorkeling at the Belize reef when our boat is in port on October 19th, but the only place I can find that has a tour like this listed is Fab Tours and everywhere I've looked they've gotten horrible reviews.

Has anyone ever done a day trip excursion on Belize where they were able to do both cave tubing and reef snorkeling? If so, what company did you use? I would just do zip lining and cave tubing in Roatan, but I can't find a place that does both in Roatan either.

Another question also...if anyone else has done Fab Tours, is it REALLY that bad? I mean, there are a few good reviews of them on Trip Advisor but it's from people who've only done one review and that makes me think it's a made-up review by the tour company. I would use them if someone here would back them up, but I haven't seen any glowing reviews for them at all.

In Belize there really isn't a way to do both, they are too far apart. I would do cave tubing and zip-lining. I haven't done zip-lining in Belize but did have a blast doing the cave tubing and would do the 2 togeather in a minute.

In Roatan everything is much closer. Last time we were there we did a glass bottom boat/snorkle trip, had lunch, more snorkeling, and then at about 2:15 went to "check out" South Shore zip. Long story short at 2:30 we were off through the trees. There was 5 of us and we had a driver through Victor Bodden, we called the shots on what we did and when. The snorkling in Roatan is some of the best in the islands so you don't want to miss it.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done cave tubing and snorkeling with coral breeze. the currents are very strong --snorkeling in Coz & cayman better.

Cave tubing with Major Tom was a complete horrible event. From long delay starting almost 2 hours waiting for the bus --to almost being left behind at the caves--- to stopping at a store so the bus driver could get a beer b4 driving back ---to just making the last tender. We went with Major Tom because of the good reveiw on CC Our trip was a nightmare.

We have done cave tubing and snorkeling with coral breeze. the currents are very strong --snorkeling in Coz & cayman better.

Cave tubing with Major Tom was a complete horrible event. From long delay starting almost 2 hours waiting for the bus --to almost being left behind at the caves--- to stopping at a store so the bus driver could get a beer b4 driving back ---to just making the last tender. We went with Major Tom because of the good reveiw on CC Our trip was a nightmare.

the caves were neat and I would do again..DH said never again!

Archived