Radiance of the Seas Sydney-Perth Oct 15 2011

Hi Sharon, I think we have "met" on the roll call forum for the cruise from Sydney to Perth. We are from Perth also (Stirling) & are immensely looking forward to a great time and hoping to meet others from Perth (& elsewhere too). Glad to here that someone else from Perth is onboard. We need to show the rest of the world what a great bunch we are. Once we get aboard, we will no doubt meet so many others. I took my family on a short cruise from Sydney to Tassie on the Rhapsody in January as a "test" to see if they liked it. Needless to say, they didn't take much convincing about this itinerary. Seems so many people have travelled so much these days and are quite experienced. I am a little disappointed that since booking, Royal Caribbean have added so many pay-extra venues on this ship in its renovation. Unfortunately, our budget is a little restricted, so this cruise is something very spectacular for us. I have done a bit of research for this trip (about the ship, Royal Caribbean & our ports of call). I am eagerly waiting the release of the shore excursions, then I will plan in earnest each port day.

Hi Sharon, I think we have "met" on the roll call forum for the cruise from Sydney to Perth. We are from Perth also (Stirling) & are immensely looking forward to a great time and hoping to meet others from Perth (& elsewhere too). Glad to here that someone else from Perth is onboard. We need to show the rest of the world what a great bunch we are. Once we get aboard, we will no doubt meet so many others. I took my family on a short cruise from Sydney to Tassie on the Rhapsody in January as a "test" to see if they liked it. Needless to say, they didn't take much convincing about this itinerary. Seems so many people have travelled so much these days and are quite experienced. I am a little disappointed that since booking, Royal Caribbean have added so many pay-extra venues on this ship in its renovation. Unfortunately, our budget is a little restricted, so this cruise is something very spectacular for us. I have done a bit of research for this trip (about the ship, Royal Caribbean & our ports of call). I am eagerly waiting the release of the shore excursions, then I will plan in earnest each port day.

Hi there,we are in Forrestfield,it is very exciting isn't it.We can't wait to get onboard and meet all sorts of new people and I think it will be fun to see people from Perth on board,the whole thing is a bit surreal for us .I still can't believe we are doing it.Cruising was something we thought was out of reach for us,but here we are.It is a bit disapointing that there are so many extra options you have to pay for,but I guess we don't have to indulge in it all.We were on the Pacific Sun for 10 days a couple of years ago and had a great time and we didn't go to the other dining options and we don't feel that we missed out on anything,and from what I have seen about the Radiance we will be blown away with this ship and all she has to offer.I'm trying not to plan too much in the way of excursions and things,and not be too bound to times and places,and keep things realxed but as it gets closer its getting harder to resist planning some things.Anyway I hope we meet on board and share our experiences.

by the way, I too am an extreme learner at all this "posting". I must be very old fashioned as I much prefer a more personal form of communication.

Lol I am getting used to it,but still not great at it.It can be a bit intimidating.

My wife and i are cruising Radiance Honolulul to Perth i agree a lot of silly chat on that roll call board I have cruised with the tin tanks before and they are good companions looking forward to meeting up with you Aussie

Wow you are doing the long haul,lucky you.Yeah I"m over it now,I think I've got the swing of it,and looking forward to meeting everyone,it's great that there a few West Aussies will be on board,hopefully we can all catch up.I am a bit annoyed about the Broome change though,I don't think we will be getting off in Port Headland.

Sharon

No problems. Look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. My mum & dad (in Sydney) have cruised a few times with Royal Caribbean & I have researched a bit. I can be contacted on clemlouisebond at bigpond dot com. More direct this way. from Louise

I think it will be a good mix of people with different ideas and outlooks. I am looking forward to my time on the Radiance and a chance to meet everyone.

Pity about Broome though and now Port Hedland has nothing but ships tours to offer as the tourism centre has all sold their tours for that day to RCI. That sucks, hope there will at least be some taxi's we can use! LOL

I think it will be a good mix of people with different ideas and outlooks. I am looking forward to my time on the Radiance and a chance to meet everyone.

Pity about Broome though and now Port Hedland has nothing but ships tours to offer as the tourism centre has all sold their tours for that day to RCI. That sucks, hope there will at least be some taxi's we can use! LOL

Great mix of Aussies on this trip are "conversing" in a "blog" online. Send me an email to clemlouisebond at bigpond dot com for details.

Archived