Alaska Liquor

DragonMouse

We start in "Seattle" and END in "Seattle"...We live in another state. (size of party 2 adults)

We buy 2 Bottles of liquor on the ship

We buy 4 Bottles of liquor IN Alaska

We buy 2 Bottles of liquor IN Canada

When we return to Seattle...Do we declare ALL 8 bottles?

Do we declare the 2 bottles from the ship (since it was in international waters) and the 2 bottles from "Canada"?

Would we have to "declare" the 4 bottles from "Alaska" (Alaska is afterall another state...they're one of us)?

COULD we bring back 8 bottles of liquor BUT have to pay duty the $2-3 duty tax?

I'm NOT saying we're REALLY and truly going to bring back 8 bottles of liquor...I SERIOUSLY doubt it BUT...I'm trying to understand how it works.

bottles in Alaska are no problem. You would probably have to declare the two from the ship and the 2 from Canada. There is a $2.05 duty per bottle, but they waive anything under $10. I brought 5 duty free bottles from a Mexico cruise and they waived the fee

Some lines don't allow you to carry ANY on.

Well I KNOW from Carnival they allow you to carry liquor back from port but you have to "turn it in" and they give it to you the last night on the cruise. Of course I don't have total "TRUST" but I make certian that it's nothing ridiculously expensive. Alas...I've not had a problem...they've always been great.

Well I KNOW from Carnival they allow you to carry liquor back from port but you have to "turn it in" and they give it to you the last night on the cruise. Of course I don't have total "TRUST" but I make certian that it's nothing ridiculously expensive. Alas...I've not had a problem...they've always been great.

You hadn't said which line you're on, but RCCL and NCL do not allow any. RCCL doesn't even allow bottled water or pop to be brought on, but NCL does allow those. This is when you initially board. I'm sure they have the same rule about when you buy it in port as you've experienced from Carnival.

Archived