sailing the Danube 9/18/11

jap

We will be sailing on the River Beatriz on the Danube on 9/18. Has any one who has taken this cruise had any issues with using American issued credit cards in any cities we stop in? We have heard that many European cards us a chip technology in their cards and many Americans travelling had problems making purchases or ATM withdrawals.

Also, we will be taking an IPAD or similar tablet with us. Any problems using it on board the River Beatriz?

Also, any one who is sailing with us.....can't wait to meet you.

Thanks,

Bob Post

We just spent the month of May in Switzerland and Germany, had no problems with our charge cards(American express & Visa). I read recently that the chips in European cards was the way to go, but my regular cards with the strip were accepted everywhere, even at ATMs. Enjoy your trip!:)

Bob,

My husband and I are also on the cruise Sept 18th - right around the corner! I was also interested in finding out about the internet connections on board since I had read that it could be iffy in some cases. Looking forward to meeting you

Ann

We took the River Beatrice, our first river cruise, in June, Passau to Budapest. While I do hope to write a review soon (have had houseguests since the day we got back), I just want to say that we had the best trip ever with Uniworld. I had high expectations, but the service, the food, the tours and tour guides, all were excellent.

We had no problem using our American credit cards anywhere on the trip. But as to the internet situation, what you have read is correct. Wifi is indeed spotty on the river, especially when people return from the day's outings and everyone logs on. There were also some connection issues on our trip that brought a computer geek driving 10 hours from Amsterdam to spend an evening on board working on it. So perhaps it is better. And I should warn you that Facebook is blocked, takes up too much whatever.

But aside from that, the trip was fabulous, can't wait to book another one with Uniworld.

Archived