Butler Duties

g8rchic

Sometimes they are really busy, as in the case of the PH nextdoor to me in Nov. The newlyweds hardly ever left the cabin; they had ALL of their meals served to them in the suite. Yes, that butler had a very busy cruise.... especially if he was on call. But he always had a big smile on his face as I passed him in the corridor....

TO BELLYBUTTON530,

Ok, me bad... (says with a evil grin) :D

But perhaps your Butler "always had a big smile on his face..." because of the entertainment that the Newlyweds were providing to him.

Even brings a chuckle to my mind as I read your post... (but then perhaps you intended that reaction ;) )

Gotta admit that in this day and age with so many living together prior to marriage, if you find Newlyweds who are so enamoured with each other that they NEVER leave their stateroom... then they'd certainly be somewhat entertaining, n'est pas?

Beats the heck out of all the posts I see on TripAdvisor that says "Help, we are on our Honeymoon in __(any destination)__ and need ideas on what to do?"

:rolleyes:

Cheers!

TO BELLYBUTTON530,

Ok, me bad... (says with a evil grin) :D

But perhaps your Butler "always had a big smile on his face..." because of the entertainment that the Newlyweds were providing to him.

Even brings a chuckle to my mind as I read your post... (but then perhaps you intended that reaction ;) )

Gotta admit that in this day and age with so many living together prior to marriage, if you find Newlyweds who are so enamoured with each other that they NEVER leave their stateroom... then they'd certainly be somewhat entertaining, n'est pas?

Beats the heck out of all the posts I see on TripAdvisor that says "Help, we are on our Honeymoon in __(any destination)__ and need ideas on what to do?"

:rolleyes:

Cheers!

It wasn't MY butler. The same butler doesn't handle both PH suites. That other butler merely told me that his PH passengers never seemed to leave the cabin; and that they had ALL of their meals served to them in the suite; and that it was their honeymoon.

It is not my place to comment on folks' lifestyles. I never heard any noise from them; and never saw them out on their veranda.

Expect nothing form them. I sailed in a penthouse suite on the Infinity in may, and the much touted "butler" did nothing. I had read that they would unpack and pack for you. NO. I read he could get you at the Captains Tablr. NO. I asked him to make a dinner reservation (simple enough) in the specialty restaurant. he indicated the telephone for me to call. I asked him to turn on the lights in the suite-he indicted the light switches. They did not work. I asked him remove a broken floor lamp since it did not work, and was not going to work-he just walked away. I was livid. There were many things not working in the suite, and he did nothing to see they were fixed. The butler service is the most over rated service I have ever seen. Celebrity should be ashamed of even advertising this. hope you enjoy it more than I did.

Sounds like another bitter, mad at the world, frustrated Dallas Cowboys fan !

I just booked a royal suite on the Infinity for next May to Alaska, now I'm worried about the service we might have or not have. I've been sailing on RCCL for a few years, and thought we'd give Celebrity a try, I've only sailed on Celebrity once back in 2004 and wanted to do something different, and give it another try. I just started reading the boards, so hopefully I read better things before we cruise. If not I may cancel.

We had only 2 experiences with butlers on Celebrity. One was on the Century (Richard), who is on the Milli in August. On a scale of 1 - 10 he was a 15. Mostly because he made my DW and I feel pampered. Breakfast on the Balcony etc. He knew which excursions to take in each port. He knew where to shop in each port. We had another on the Zenith who was very attentive but not as personable as Richard. We have a SS on the Summit this Feb and look forward to it.

I believe the Butlers have a LOT of staterooms to take care of, but the Penthouse Butlers work their buns off.

To Sloop-JohnB. I believe the OP was asking the Butler to make sure the lights were on before they came into the room (giving him the benefit of the doubt). I didn't find your post insulting.

I am offended by the OP's comment about tattoos. Not everyone who's tattooed is a thug or gang member. A lot of men get them in the Service, by keeping America free so people like you can take a cruise and be protected as a US Citizen.

I am offended by the OP's comment about tattoos. Not everyone who's tattooed is a thug or gang member. A lot of men get them in the Service, by keeping America free so people like you can take a cruise and be protected as a US Citizen.

I like it:D and couldn't agree more...Here, here...and I don't have any tattoos.

COOL POST!:cool:

Archived