A bit lumpy across the ditch

Scurv, I didn't know you had a brother.

Sludge

lol saw that...I actually tried that name before I got to become Scurvy Dog :D...I'm happy being Scurvy now but lol... I hope we don't ever meet though..as you know how dogs are when they first meet :eek::D

I'd think it was another one of Thieds alias's except the top comment made sense!

Huh! He joined in Feb 2007 and has made 3 posts! Wow what a lurker!

How many alias's has thied got? :confused:...I actually think he has got me on his blocked list..I don't know why?? :confused::rolleyes::D

Nice to get some real swell and a decent motion. We had up to 7M coming across on the Pacific Pearl last month and it gave the whole trip a real 'going somewhere' flavour. Bit hard to get across what I mean but the with the weather the way it was if felt like a crossing rather than a cruise. Those of you who have done line voyages will know what I mean. Actually, Sandy with your past Monowai crossings, you would enjoy this trip when next it is done - just like old times!!

lmao :D the problem is I can still see all his new threads each morning :)

Hi SD,

I thought you and he were friends? No? If I got that wrong allow me to apologise most humbly....please don't make me walk the plank:D

Hi SD,

I thought you and he were friends? No? If I got that wrong allow me to apologise most humbly....please don't make me walk the plank:D

I'm everyones friend :D..just some of his posts are more confusing than mine and thats a hard thing too achieve :)

Nice to get some real swell and a decent motion. We had up to 7M coming across on the Pacific Pearl last month and it gave the whole trip a real 'going somewhere' flavour. Bit hard to get across what I mean but the with the weather the way it was if felt like a crossing rather than a cruise. Those of you who have done line voyages will know what I mean. Actually, Sandy with your past Monowai crossings, you would enjoy this trip when next it is done - just like old times!!

I understand exactly what you mean, David. I can't remember the Monowai crossings but you could definitely feel the ocean on the old ships. I remember standing on one of the decks of either the Strathmore or the Himalaya, and getting wet by the waves coming over the railings onto the deck. Thought it was fun but, of course, we were chased inside. There was a time on each voyage I've been on when they had to throw water over the tablecloths to stop them sliding off the tables. :cool:

You don't feel what I'd call a lot of movement even when the sea is rough in these 'modern' cruise ships. (Our last cruise to NZ in Feb was so calm you wouldn't know you were on a ship unless you compared the horizon and the ship's railing and could see a very slight rise and fall.)

Sandy,

I note Himalaya on your list. I have fond memories of seeing her as a child. We sailed on Orsova in April 1972 and both Himalaya and Iberia were in Southampton when we left. Iberia was laid up ready to go to the breakers, and indeed she had gone when we got back two weeks later, Himalaya on the other hand sailed at the same time as us on a Med cruise. We shared a band and sailed in line-astern down the Solent and out to sea.

The following day we had passed Himalaya and she was astern of us, it stayed like that until we were through Biscay and it was time for her to change course for the Med. It must have been early afternoon, but she drew alongside on a clear blue sea and we sailed like that for a while before with much soundings of whistles we finally parted company. We sailed on to Maderia.

I never saw Himalaya again, but I trully believe that my love of ships was firmly cemented in that place and time on that day in 1972.

lol saw that...I actually tried that name before I got to become Scurvy Dog :D...I'm happy being Scurvy now but lol... I hope we don't ever meet though..as you know how dogs are when they first meet :eek::D

I agree, I saw some of that on the last FOD cruise, I wouldn't want to see that again.

Sludge

We did the Bay of Biscay on Celebrity Constellation and it was as smooth as silk.... most unusual we were told.

Jilly:)

I think they may be in luck. Had a couple of views of them In the Bay and it also looked smooth as slik.:)

Archived