swimming with dolphins at Blue lagoon

rosed37

I'm a little confused, :confused: I found "swimingwithdolphinsbahamas.com" and also "dolphinencounters.com" totally different websites, but both operate out of blue lagoon in Nassau, and same prices, are they the same place? if not does anyone recommend one over the other?

I'm a little confused, :confused: I found "swimingwithdolphinsbahamas.com" and also "dolphinencounters.com" totally different websites, but both operate out of blue lagoon in Nassau, and same prices, are they the same place? if not does anyone recommend one over the other?

Same company.. just branding strategies.

Blue Lagoon is a privately owned island. Dolphin Encounters is the company that runs the animal programs.

we watched some people do the dolphin encounters at Blue Lagoon - I took some video of them but don't know the people in the video. They got you out in a group of 6 or so people - the guys on the dock sang & the dolphins danced & screamed while spinning around. They gave you a hug & a kiss while the guys on the doc took your picture & it looked like a pretty cool thing to go & do. I wasn't sure how much interaction you got with the dolphins but watching them it was pretty neat to see. One lady was in a group of 5 people, so she got 2 dolphins to play with while everyone else went out in pairs of 2 & had one dolphin hug & kiss. Was fun. I can email you the video clip but it's pretty big - I bet if you go to youtube, you can see some by looking up blue lagoon dolphin or something similar. The place was very neat & clean & had great beaches but not so great snorkling. It was good for what we wanted for the day - I'd say if you go to do the dolphin excursion you might pay extra to do the day pass & get your lunch etc. Not sure how they package all of that but the day pass itself was $54 & included the $15 lunch, which was pretty good food (we weren't expecting much - ha)

Here - I looked for dolphin encounters at blue lagoon & got a bunch of hits - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=blue+lagoon+dolphin+encounter&aq=0

Just an FYI they offer a dolphin encounter, which is the hugs and kisses and dancing on the platform and they also offer a dolphin swim where you are in the deeper water and get to have them push you through the water and stuff so if you do book make sure you get the experience you are looking for...they also do sea lions which are really cool too!

• 1 month later...

Archived