Back from our Alaska cruise with our 6 year old, any questions?

Cheryl H

Hello there,

We are back from our Alaska cruise. It was a north bound on the Radiance starting at Vancouver and ending at Seward.

We used Adventure Ocean quite a bit. I think on the first at sea day (inside passage day), he visited there for the afternoon play session, and then he went back at 5:45 for the adventure dining. He stayed until 10pm that night and loved it. The rest of the days, I think he just did the evening session.

Here's where I was surprised and very glad. I originally thought Adventure Ocean only offered Adventure Dining 2 nights during the cruise. But that was not true. It was offered at least 5 nights because our son went to dinner with them at least 5 nights. We just watched our Cruise Compass every day to see if it was going to be offered. Then we signed him up before noon that day. We had to select what he would want to eat (hotdog, hamburger, or chicken fingers). He wanted chicken fingers every time. They took him to the Windjammer and fed him. I think they made him eat at least 2 pieces of chicken to get ice cream. I was fine with that. He preferred eating with them in the Windjammer Cafe, than going to the dining room with us.

On the nights that he did go to the dining room, he was very catered to. They brought his grilled cheese sandwich and fries quickly and then wanted to know what he wanted for dessert. I think they were rushing because they probably thought he was leaving soon with the AO staff. But we took him to AO after dinner.

Oops, we're leaving for dinner. Be back later this evening. Will try to write more.

Archived