Alaska Cruise Questions

Planning a cruise for summer 2006 on Serenade to Alaska. Looking for suggestions on cabin selection. Since I'm prone to motion sickness, am thinking about midship lower levels but we do want a balcony. How low should we go?

Also anyone know when RCCL will have 2006 schedule?

Deck seven is the lowest that you can go for a balcony cabin. I personally think that the Radiance [same class as Serenade] has the better itinerary for Alaska. If it's like last year, the Serenade went outside the inside passage for three days to get to Hubbard Glacier once leaving Vancouver. There wasn't much to see until we started heading into Hubbard Glacier.

We are taking the Serenade on the Cruise Critic Group Cruise 08/07/05. We have one day at sea and the next day we do Hubbard Glacier. The Day after that we go to Skagway. We took the Radiance to Alaska in 2003 and loved it so much that we had to go back. One of the differences in the two itens. is that the Serenade will cruise through the Misty Fjords while the Radiance does not. You will also want to look and see what ship has more time in ports. When we took the Radiance we were only out of the inside passage (open water) for a short time. Other than that the water was very calm because you are surrounded by land on both sides of the ship. If you get a balcony on deck 7 look at the Cat. E1's, they have larger balconies. Good luck and have a great time.

Misty

I'm expecting the 2006 Alaska schedule to be released around the last of April or the first part of May.

I forget which ship but one sails through Mystic Fjords. IMO, this would be the better route to take.

The Serenade of the Seas is a newer ship. We are booked on her in July. Looking forward to seeing Alaska. It was hard picking out what ship we wanted to go on. My husband preferred a newer ship. I really didn't care.

I just can't wait to go. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary.

Can't wait to hear about your trip in July! I think we've narrowed down to the Serenade in July of 2006 due to the intinerary to the fjords. Also celebrating 30 yr anniversary....

Archived