Epic Mediterannean disembarkation time

m4rcla

Hi,

I am planning to book private transfer for the return trip from the cruise port to Barcelona (we are extending our stay in Barcelona).

What time is the disembarkation time? I've heard somewhere between 6-9 AM, but is there a specific time between those hours?

I need to provide a pickup time for the transfer.

Thanks,

m4rcla

Hi the port is in Barcelona most hotels in Barcelona are about a 5-10minute drive with lots of taxi's, but if you are using a private tour usually the have self disembarkation betwwen 6/9. But if you are staying in the city why not enjoy breakfast and relax wait for the crowds to thin out. JMO enjoy I do this cruise every year, try and see Montserrat while in Barcelona

Thanks for the input! I read on one of the Epic cruise review that the taxi line is around 1 hour long. Is that true? That's why I was thinking of scheduling a private transfer. There's 8 of us and I got quoted between 80-90 Euro.

If it's really only 5-10 minute drive, that sounds really close and I assume won't be too expensive. If there are plenty of taxis and the wait is not that long, I'll probably just do the taxi route.

My taxi wait was never longer than maybe 15minutes, when you get to taxi line someone will be there so you can explain how many people are in your party and they will help you get the right taxi's, or becasue most hotels are not ready till at least noon but really 1or2 maybe you can do a tour of Barcelona after this cruise then drop off at hotel, there will usually be a few ships in port and taxi's know this and line up. Also take a print out of where your hotel is, I have never had a problem but taxi drivers are not good with english for the most part. Your hotel should hold your luggae till you can check in then you guys can walk around see Ramblas, La Sagrada Parc Guell etc, hope this helps, I am sure more people will answer you also

@m4rcla-

Yes, indeed, getting a taxi in Barcelona is no problem at all. It seems every cabbie knows when the ship is coming in. They have regular sedans and mini vans. While 5-10 minutes into the city is a bit too optimistic IMO, I'd allow maybe 20-30 minutes, including traffic.

The two of us walked off the ship (Jewel) with our suitcases at 07:10, arrived at our hotel at 08:10. The fare was 22 Euro plus.

Hi a point of reference the colombus monumet right near the bridge to main area of Ramblas almost at top of Ramblas is only a mile. The port is the city I asssume when he said it would take 20minutes or so he meant for your group to all get settle in taxi's. But if you go ahead and hire a private car, ask them if they will do a 4hr tour of Barcelona for yo before taking you to your hotel. Then you have a heads up on Barcelona

Archived