Boarding time - Dad is handicap and needs.....

cman67

We are sailing on the Dream 2/9 and my parents are coming with us. They are driving up from Miami early on the 9th and can be in Port Canaveral by 9am.

My dad needs access to a private bathroom.

If they check in as early as possible how quickly can they get onto the ship?

Other than in the rooms does Disney have companion bathrooms on the ship? I've read that rooms are not ready until 1:30 which will not work for my dad.

If there a Disney number I can call for handicap assistance on cruises?

Thanks!

We are sailing on the Dream 2/9 and my parents are coming with us. They are driving up from Miami early on the 9th and can be in Port Canaveral by 9am.

My dad needs access to a private bathroom.

If they check in as early as possible how quickly can they get onto the ship?

Other than in the rooms does Disney have companion bathrooms on the ship? I've read that rooms are not ready until 1:30 which will not work for my dad.

If there a Disney number I can call for handicap assistance on cruises?

Thanks!

From August the port opening and check in is said to be 11am we do not know how strict this will be, The port and ship, do have facilities for people with extra needs.

I think its best to contact DCL directly and they will advise.

Getting on the ship is normally circa 11.45am subject to approval being given for ship clearance and housekeeping, normally people with extra needs will go on first.

DCL has a web page on this and it says:-

More Information and Special Reservations

If you would like to request accommodations for Guests with disabilities, please discuss your needs with the reservationist at the time of booking.

For questions and more information please call (407) 566-3500 [voice] or (407) 566-7455 [TTY]. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/services/guests-with-disabilities/

There is no reason for them to arrive that early--it's absurd actually given his special needs.

Have him plan on arriving around 1:00, that way the cabin should be ready by the time you board.

There are companion restrooms in the port as well as in public areas on the ship.

There is no reason for them to arrive that early--it's absurd actually given his special needs.

Have him plan on arriving around 1:00, that way the cabin should be ready by the time you board.

There are companion restrooms in the port as well as in public areas on the ship.

That would be my thought, too. No need to be so early.

Archived