Help - Thomson Flights - Luggage Allowance -

glenisla

Hi can anyone who has already departed from Manchester on the Thomson Flight to Venice clarify the luggage allowance . As this was booked as a package I thought we would have a minimum of at least 20kg with 5kg for hand. Travel agent "thinks this is only 15kg & 5kg, and is checking tomorow. I have heard from another source 23kgs & 7kg hand.

:confused:

We flew last month Manchester-Venice-Rome to join Star Princess with Thomson. The allowance was 20 kg for hold luggage and 5 kg for hand luggage. They were very strict and some people had to rearrange their suitcases! They didn't weigh the hand luggage.

I would love to know as welll the luggage allowance for Thomson as am on the 8th August flight from Manchester to Venice (far cheaper than near home - London!). Have not yet received email tickets for the flights so have no idea of baggage allowance though, if the allowance is small, it will stop me packing too much!

KathyW

Hi Glenisla

Your air confirmation comes through as soon as air is confirmed but your TA might be sitting on them, tells you flight numbers etc gives you the numbers you need to book seats at a cost if you want to.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun,

I have the flight times and flight number on both my TA docs and the recent email confirmation from Princess, but there is no mention of the luggage allowance on any of this. Hence reason I assumed will be on etickets. I understand that everyone on the flight is going on the Princess Cruise, not a normal Thomson Flight.

We recently did this cruise with Thompson from Manchester. It was 20kg hold luggage and 5kg hand laggage.

On the way back checking in in Venice, I noticed that most of the passengers who booked in before us were overweight (with their luggage not personally!), but nothing was said. Its probably not worth the risk though.

We had a wonderful cruise and hope that you do too.

Princess charters usually have 23 kilos for the baggage allowance. I can`t remember what the hand luggage was but they didn`t bother too much the last couple of cruises we were on.

Hi, we were on Star Princess last month sailing from Venice and flying with Thomson. Originally our documents for the flight said 23 kg but when the flight tickets came through it was cut down to 20kg :mad: 5kg for hand luggage

Hope this helps.

Berwyn

Archived