Galaxy pax, I have a dilemma

fireguy091

[quote name='fireguy091']Still getting the same thing. Could my Norton virus protection have anything to do with it?[/QUOTE]I suppose it's possible that it's shutting down any traffic on the ports normally used for FTP, although one would think that Norton would distinguish between inbound and outbound and give you a break. I'm on McAfee here, so can't be too much help in that regard.

Here's something for you to try if you can.

1) Let's see if we have any connect at all. Get yourself to a DOS prompt. Then type PING 24.8.105.8 and tell me what happens. If you don't get clean replies to that, then there's some kind of disconnect between our providers.

2) If it does work, let's see if you can FTP to that address. Fire up IExplorer or whatever you're using again and for the URL, try [url="ftp://24.8.105.8"]ftp://24.8.105.8[/url] and tell me what happens.

3) If THAT works, we need to see if your DNS knows who we are here. Try [url="ftp://dinosaurboard.com"]ftp://dinosaurboard.com[/url] and tell me what that does.

If the above works, they we have some sort of malfunction between your FTP client and my FTP server, but at least I'll have some idea where to start looking.

What I can tell you for sure is that we're definitely getting traffic here. Your docs are popular!

[quote name='fireguy091']Still getting the same thing. Could my Norton virus protection have anything to do with it?[/QUOTE]

Go in to your Tools menu to Internet Options and delete all your temporary internet files. Sometimes pages get hung up in the cache and won't refresh.

Is it just Norton Antivirus or is there a firewall included?

• 2 weeks later...
THANKS canderson,

For all you hard work in sharing the pdf files with us! You are awesome!

I really appreciate YOUR contribution to a better cruise plan for others (& me)! :D

Cruisers are the BEST people!

don

[quote name='a68vet']THANKS canderson,

For all you hard work in sharing the pdf files with us! You are awesome!

I really appreciate YOUR contribution to a better cruise plan for others (& me)! :D

Cruisers are the BEST people!

don[/QUOTE]Glad I could make this happen, and I'm going to continue to work to improve the "experience". Eventually, I'll straighten a few things out here and put it all up for normal HTTP access instead of (or at least in addition to) FTP and that should take care of some of the problems.

Fireguy was good enough to mail his recent Galaxy docs to me. I'm just a bit busy getting ready for this next weekend, but I plan to "locate" a few things he wasn't able to get (the specialty restaurant's wine list will be a particular challenge), and to post docs from that and two prior cruises when I return. Everybody needs a facsimile of the laundry menu, don't they? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived