Roll CALL - Shadow Aug 18th 2011 - Alaska

Whaleofatime

A little tardy in checking for the roll call, but we'll be there on the Vancouver - Seward voyage departing August 18. This is our first cruise in quite some time, and our first on SS. Only thing that makes me a tad nervous is that our daughter just turned 18, and won't be starting school until the week after we return home. She will be our full time house sitter with neighbors checking in, so I'm sure I am just being a Dad. :rolleyes:

Are you flying in from the UK, or will you already be in Canada or the States? We're flying in to Vancouver on the 18th. We're both ready!

We're doing the Zipline tour in Ketchikan and whale watching in Juneau.

hi sorry for slow reply but yes we are flying in from the UK and arrive in Vancouver on 17th to spend a night in Fairmont Waterfront hotel before we sail. We are doing the Juneau whalewatch so will probably be on the same trip as you. Last time we were in Alaska our friends did the zip line adventure in Ketchikan and loved it, their photos were spectacular - we did the snorkelling and a float plane which was also fantastic.

see you soon - GOT TO PACK TODAY (I hate packing.....)

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you made it home in good condition and aren't too exhausted. We had a great time, even with all the rain. Sorry we never connected on board. Maybe next time! This was our first Silversea cruise, and it will definitely be on our agenda to sail with them again.

All the best!

DAVID

Archived