Avalon Tapestry bottled water

Ladybugdm

Hi, we're on the Tapestry cruise from Budapest to Nuremberg in a couple of weeks and are wondering what size water bottle it is that they replenish daily in the cabin. Also, is there a refrigerator to keep it cold?

Each day you are given a 1/2 litre bottle. There is a mini-refrigerator that you can use ... as the water on the ship is ok to drink, we often kept bottles from other days and filled them up so that we could each take at least 2 bottles of water with us.

Regular water. However, there are convenience stores near every stop so that you can purchase sparkling water there. They may have some on the ship but I assume there would be a charge for it.

Thanks for the info. The other thing I've gotten mixed messages about is the drinks at lunch. In some places I've seen that complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks are provided at both lunch and dinner, and in other places it says that is only at dinner. What's the scoop? Also, what kind of coffee do they have?

I know that Avalon is changing the way they do some of their meals but last year's lunch, iced tea, water and soda were free-flowing andbeer and wine were available for purchase. But, I know that things are changing so perhaps that is, too.

As for coffee, the coffee in the dining room is standard roast coffee. The machine in the lounges makes both regular and dark coffee, which both were quite good. Perhaps my coffee 'taste' isn't too sophisticated, but it reminded me of the coffee that I get at Dunkin Donuts or from Millstone.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Avalon Scenery. They replaced the bottled water as needed, i.e, some days we used 3 waters and that is what was replaced. At breakfast, juices, coffee, tea and sparkling wine (this is new) is served. Lunch is coffee, tea and soft drinks and dinner is wine, beer or soft drinks. The wine and beer at dinner is constant. Take two sips of wine and the glass is refilled.

Archived