To do in Freeport - not a beach

crunchymama

We are going to be in Freeport for a full day in early Sept. I am planning on a snorkeling boat in the morning and will be done by lunchtime. I would like to find something active to do with my 9 year old son - but have no interest in going to a beach.

Any suggestions. Would love to do walking tours, sightseeing, nature trails etc. Found lots for Nassau, but Freeport seems to be mostly beaches. Am I missing something?

TIA for all suggestions.

We are going to be in Freeport for a full day in early Sept. I am planning on a snorkeling boat in the morning and will be done by lunchtime. I would like to find something active to do with my 9 year old son - but have no interest in going to a beach.

Any suggestions. Would love to do walking tours, sightseeing, nature trails etc. Found lots for Nassau, but Freeport seems to be mostly beaches. Am I missing something?

TIA for all suggestions.

I find Freeport to be one of the most useless stops on the cruiselines...

There is nothing at the port, you have to take a cab...mostly known for its beaches as it is more of a desert island than a tropical island...

There are some kayaking tours...not sure if that would interest you or not, and we did take a pretty good fishing trip that we caught some really pretty fish on, he might like that...other than that, I think you can rent a jeep and explore on your own...

These links should get you started. Freeport is not a typical cruise port. Many contend you're better off staying there a few days instead of cruising in.

Freeport is fine if you plan your day. To just hop off the ship with no plans generally leaves you disapointed.

I'll take Freeport over Nassau ANY day.....

http://www.bnt.bs/parks_lucayan.php

http://www.bnt.bs/parks_rand.php

I know you said no beach but this activity you may like esp with your son. I was in freeport last year and we did the hoarseback riding it's on the beach in the water very scenic and fun. I never rode one before but it is very easy. I can try to find the site through which we went through. The guide comes with you and she is very nice and knowledgeable.

TIA for all suggestions.

We are also going to freeport and then nassua in nov. and had the same problem finding something to do in freeport.. I found this website that helped me alot it has some choices to do. And i seen in the bottom where the guy suggested the horseback riding..

here is the link to that but explore that site it has several things on it to offer

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/HorsebackRidingFreeport.htm

I know you said no beach but this activity you may like esp with your son. I was in freeport last year and we did the hoarseback riding it's on the beach in the water very scenic and fun. I never rode one before but it is very easy. I can try to find the site through which we went through. The guide comes with you and she is very nice and knowledgeable.

How long did it take you to go horseback riding? What if you are a novice? This sounds like something I would very much like to do but I haven't been horseback riding since I was a teenager.

How long did it take you to go horseback riding? What if you are a novice? This sounds like something I would very much like to do but I haven't been horseback riding since I was a teenager.

Hi Here is the link: http://www.trikkpony.com/ the guide is wonderful she is very knoweledgable and very professional. I had never been horseback riding before so this was my first time and her instructions were great. She stays with the group. I love how the horses go in the water and then on the beach and around a dirt path.. and back to where she parks the trailer. I think the site says its for 90 mins which is what i remember with the ride there and back and her instructions it takes about 2 hrs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived