Four night Splendour Galveston questions

Hi, I'm asking some questions for a new cruiser who is booking the Splendour in Dec. 05, four nights out of Galveston.

How strict is the dress code on formal night on RCCL? Are there casual dining alternatives?

Has anyone done this ship and/or this itinerary? Any helpful comments?

My friend is looking for the cheapest possible cabin. Are there any that are absolutely to be avoided?

We were on the Splendour out of Galveston back in 3/04, and formal night was mostly cocktail dresses/really nice pant suits for women and dark suits with dress shirt & tie for men. Everyone appeared to follow the dress code for the main dining room. There is a casual dining area called the windjammers for those not wishing to dress up.

The cheapest cabin would be an inside guarantee. This would guarantee you an inside room some were on the ship. We were put in a cabin far forward and man did we fell the waves and hear the anchor, but my thoughts were I'm on vacation and no cabin on a cruise ship is bad.

Our ports of call were Costa Maya & Cozumel. We missed Costa Maya due to a bad rain/high wind storm ( but have since been there aboard the Rhapsody). Costa Maya is a fairly new port but we enjoyed the port area right off the ships pier. nice swimming pool with live bands & great food from the two local resturants. It has a nice shopping area but seemed much higher priced than Cozumel!

Cozumel, what can I say, One of my favorite places. I loved ChaKanaab(sp.) Park. We swam with the Dolphins there. I also love down town shopping. Don't miss eating a Poncho's Back Yard.

Yes, I was on the Splendour in 3/04 as well. Costa Maya had high wind and you couldn't swim on the Jungle beach excursion. As above poster alluded to.

It is a beautiful ship and you will really enjoy the cruise. It seemed like a great deal of people really dressed up for forumal night, if that helps!

Hi, I'm asking some questions for a new cruiser who is booking the Splendour in Dec. 05, four nights out of Galveston.

How strict is the dress code on formal night on RCCL? Are there casual dining alternatives?

Has anyone done this ship and/or this itinerary? Any helpful comments?

My friend is looking for the cheapest possible cabin. Are there any that are absolutely to be avoided?

12/5 is for 5 nights..........rates are pretty good - under $683 total for 2 for a category N inside

I love the chance to dress up and there's only one formal night on this cruise - alternatives could be the Windjammer or room service but this is the night they take the formal pics if your friend would like to have one

I've been to Cozumel and to Costa Maya.....enjoyed both ......we are going back this Dec and we are trying out the Splendour this time

discount parking in Galveston - EZ Cruise Parking.....$30 if you reserve online for a 5night cruise

Archived