Do I need Booster Seat for excursions???

j cruiser

Hi,

My DS is 6 years old and no longer needs a booster seat here in CA. We are taking a few excursions, booked through Princess, that require transportation to the sites (i.e. helicopter tour). Alaska laws are stricter than California laws re booster seats, so I am now questioning if he needs a booster. I know it's late in the game, as we leave tomorrow :), but the question just arose in our household. Has anyone had to bring a booster for their 6 or 7 year old on a cruise ship booked excursion?

Thanks for your replies.

Hi,

My DS is 6 years old and no longer needs a booster seat here in CA. We are taking a few excursions, booked through Princess, that require transportation to the sites (i.e. helicopter tour). Alaska laws are stricter than California laws re booster seats, so I am now questioning if he needs a booster. I know it's late in the game, as we leave tomorrow :), but the question just arose in our household. Has anyone had to bring a booster for their 6 or 7 year old on a cruise ship booked excursion?

Thanks for your replies.

IIRC, most of our Alaskan excursions were on buses that didn't even have seat belts, so you wouldn't have been able to use a booster anyway.

The one time I've taken my kids to AK was 10 years ago, so I can't remember everything clearly, but I know we never took a booster seat ashore, and I don't think we would have been able to use them anyway. We did one bus trip with no seat belts, and the train in Skagway, also no seat belts.

Finally taking the kids again next week, but at 12, 15 and 18 years old, I'm no longer concerned about booster seats. :cool:

Archived