Dive Curacao

islandwoman

Our November cruise on the Crown Princess is scheduled to be in Curacao from 1 PM until 10 PM. So far, the ship's shore excursions have not opened for booking, but I don't think they're going to offer any certified dive trips.

Does anyone know a Curacao dive operator who offers trips that would work with our schedule? Afternoon and night dives would be fine.

Can anyone recommend a shore diving site not too far from the cruise port?

The Dive Bus would also be my first choice. $15 cab ride each way. Walk in shore dive with an amazing house reef. When we were last there we swam with a school of tarpon and had a eagle ray following us around. 100' plus viz is nice too with tons of reef fish. Great operator with a wonderful house reef.

I investigated the Dive Bus web site. What I found was a cruise passenger reservation form with pre-filled arrival and departure times of 8 AM to 5 PM. That doesn't begin to match the Crown Princess' port call of 1 PM to 10 PM.

Then you did not email them. That is their standard for locals dive schedule. You can see the cruise ships from their store and they know when you arrive in port. Usually they can work around your schedule. My last trip we arrived at 11:00am they were fine with that. Email Suzy tell her your schedule.

I haven't emailed them yet. I found this on their website:

Booking / Enquiry Form - Cruise ship passengers Many thanks for your interest in The Dive Bus, Curacao. Please complete the information below then email it to us at: doris@The-Dive-Bus.com. If you haven't heard back from us within 72 hours, please re-send (sometimes emails disappear…) Arrival date: > Cruise ship name: Arrival time: 8:00 AM > How you heard about Departure time: 5:00 PM The Dive Bus:

It's an Excel form and won't copy and paste correctly, but you get the idea. The arrival and departure times are pre-filled. It's clearly for cruise ship passengers. If you want to see what I'm posting about, go to www.the-dive-bus.com and click on "cruise shippers"; then click on "reservations". A Microsoft Excel Booking Form will open up.

I have dived with them several times and will be going back in January. The house reef is really a place that every diver should see. Their customer service is outstanding once you get there. Their email service sometimes is not the best. If your looking for a easy outstanding dive this is the place.

I have dived with them several times and will be going back in January. The house reef is really a place that every diver should see. Their customer service is outstanding once you get there. Their email service sometimes is not the best. If your looking for a easy outstanding dive this is the place.

How far out is the house reef? Is it accessible to snorkelers?

You just walk into the little harbor and go around the end of the jetty, our diving, we did all shore dives with the dive bus.

Did you dive Car Pile as well as The Dive Bus house reef " Pierbaai Reef"?

I'm wondering how Pierbaai Reef compares with Car Pile? I dove Car Pile once, and it's not my kind of dive site, so I'd rather not spend my limited time in port diving a similar site.

Their email service sometimes is not the best.

I emailed them from their website several days ago. So far, the only response I've received is the auto copy of my request.

If your looking for a easy outstanding dive this is the place.
How so?

Did you dive Car Pile as well as The Dive Bus house reef " Pierbaai Reef"?

I'm wondering how Pierbaai Reef compares with Car Pile? I dove Car Pile once, and it's not my kind of dive site, so I'd rather not spend my limited time in port diving a similar site.

Yes we did car pile, just a bunch of old cars on the bottom, we did not go as deep as we wanted because it was our second dive but easy to do.

The Dive Bus would also be my first choice. $15 cab ride each way. Walk in shore dive with an amazing house reef. When we were last there we swam with a school of tarpon and had a eagle ray following us around. 100' plus viz is nice too with tons of reef fish. Great operator with a wonderful house reef.

quote.gifThis is on the scuba snorkel threads...sorry I don'tknow how to post the link to it:confused:

If you do not get a response send the email again. I know recently they have been having some service issues. Last week I recieved an email from Suzy regarding our next visit and she said they had a very large group all week so they are really busy. If she does not reply in 24 she most likely has not gotten your email. If you get there you will be really amazed at the diving they have to offer.

For snorkelers there is a man made rock wall several hundred feet long infront of Breezes resort. This wall ends where you enter the water during your Dive Bus shore dives. Tons of fish easy place the snorkel about as clear water as you will ever find most days.

You might want to see if Breezes Curacao offers a day pass to their resort that would include snorkeling, water toys & food.

If you do not get a response send the email again. I know recently they have been having some service issues. Last week I recieved an email from Suzy regarding our next visit and she said they had a very large group all week so they are really busy. If she does not reply in 24 she most likely has not gotten your email. If you get there you will be really amazed at the diving they have to offer.

I received a reply yesterday.

Archived