Western Caribbean Freedom Grand Cayman RCI questions

I've sailed two other cruises but not with RCI. I've also never gone to Grand Cayman and never tendered. I've asked this on the Grand Cayman board and the answer is more of "depends on the line".

I've got an August Freedom cruise scheduled. I have a tour with Nativeway scheduled at 9:15 to 1245 in Grand Cayman.

Does RCI stay on ship time (for all intents and purposes Florida time) the entire cruise? What is done in Grand Cayman, do I just assume they are an hour behind?

Also tendering questions:

How long does it take to tender? Do we need tickets or any sort? I've been told to allow a 45 minute from Freedom to check in at Nativeway. Is this right? How long to get back?

The ship stays on ship time, so don't change your watch if it set to the ship's time.

Tendering can take that long if a lot of pax decide to leave at the same time. Be prepared to stand in line. You'll love Nativeway. We chartered a whole boat for the stingrays a couple of years ago and it was awesome. They did a great job

Archived