NCL Jewel Fitness Center

Tax312

Thinking about going on the NCL Jewel for 2012. Interested to know what kind of fitness equipment NCL uses (never been on NCL vessels) and if the gym is really 24-hr open. How do the gyms compare to Disney Wonder/Magic gyms. thanks

First let me say the Jewel is just that, a Jewel. We sailed last March and had a wonderful time. The gym is located on Lido deck past the pool through the doors in front. You have to pass the spa, then turn left by the elevators. Not sure what type of machines but we did use them. Stair masters, treadmils by the windows, cycling class, good strength machines. You won't be bored.

It was open very early so it may be a 24 hour, not sure.

If you haven't booked yet, do so. We loved the staff of the Jewel, and we heard she will be leaving the NY area next year.

Just off of the Jewel on Saturday. They did not have Zumba classes. There was a morning stretch at 7:30, Boot Camp classes, Pilates, Yoga, Abs class, Spin, and Body Conditioning. I was there every morning around 6 am. Equipment was in good working order, nice gym over all.

Interested to know what kind of fitness equipment NCL uses...

If I recall correctly (from May 2010), the machines (weights and treadmills, etc.) were Life Fitness. Overall, they were quite similar (and, in some cases the same) as the machines at the gym we use at home. I just googled "NCL Jewel Gym" and one of the links is to a couple pictures that show a part of the gym: Norwegian Jewel The Gym (the machines shown are Life Fitness). I am not sure how this equipment compares with other cruise lines, but I thought it was a nice set up.

Just off of the Jewel on Saturday. They did not have Zumba classes. There was a morning stretch at 7:30, Boot Camp classes, Pilates, Yoga, Abs class, Spin, and Body Conditioning. I was there every morning around 6 am. Equipment was in good working order, nice gym over all.

Do you have the dailies and menus for your cruise? And how were the classes you took? I am cruising 8/27 and trying to plan my exercise regime during the cruise. Thans :-)

Do you have the dailies and menus for your cruise? And how were the classes you took? I am cruising 8/27 and trying to plan my exercise regime during the cruise. Thans :-)

look for the trip report from Firsttimers from NJ. She just came back and is posting links to everything.

There are a few great trip reports form last week's cruisers.

No longer open 24 hours. It opens up at 6am and closes by 12 midnight. State of the art equip. Some things broken like at our home gyms. Lots of cruisers come to workout that have never set foot in a gym before. Running on a treadmill is kind of difficult when at sea. Views are great.

Archived