Question for Epic Experts - Tom-N-Cheryl

cluv123

First off...thank you for a great review and so much info on the Epic. You (and Don) have been a major source of information for us in planning our 1st NCL venture! yep we are creepers on the board A LOT!!! :D

I noticed you were in a Villa on the 17th floor - port side...and rebooked (must have been spectacular):). Did you go for that same location?

We are currently booked for the 16th floor - Starboard. Just wondering what the Pros/cons of the two locations are. There are a majority of the CVs available right now so we can easily switch locations.

Thanks so much!!

Erica

I had a CV on deck 16 and absolutely loved it. Our cabin door was oposite from the door to the courtyard pool and hot tubs, just three or four cabins down from the Epic Grill and the back entrance to the Epic Club. The spa facilities are also on deck 16. Between decks 16 and 17 from the perspective if the view, that high up doesn't really make a difference. I just loved the convienence of our CV's location to the amenities.;)

I had a CV on deck 16 and absolutely loved it. Our cabin door was oposite from the door to the courtyard pool and hot tubs, just three or four cabins down from the Epic Grill and the back entrance to the Epic Club. The spa facilities are also on deck 16. Between decks 16 and 17 from the perspective if the view, that high up doesn't really make a difference. I just loved the convienence of our CV's location to the amenities.;)

Thanks for the input...those were our thoughts as well. Would like to be centrally located to all...I will use the spa/gym, DH will be at the bar, and DDs will be sunbathing! So from the layout map can't tell where the door to the courtyard pool is...what was your cabin number??

Also it is a glass "hall-way" or is it open to the courtyard around to the cabin doors??

Thanks again!

Actually, the gym and spa treatment rooms are on 17, near the front of the Haven area-- I think these are the only amenities on that floor, but up one flight of stairs on 18 is the private sun deck at the front of the ship that is amazing and never crowded-- you access that through the gym. The corridors are mostly glass-walled overlooking the pool area, so lots of natural light. You can go down to the pool area either through the gym stairs or the stairs at the concierge area. Some people feel that it's far to go, but it only takes a minute.

We had 17004, front port-side, and thought it was so amazing that we've booked it again for next year. It is probably one of the quieter areas of the ship-- there's only a handful of cabins up there, so not much foot traffic, and nothing on top of you except that never-used sun deck. We were almost directly across the hall from the entrance to the spa rooms, which was awesome-- we ended up not getting spas passes because we loved the fact that the walk "home" post-massage was only 15 feet rather than 15 minutes.... suited the idea of relaxation better!! Have a great time choosing!!

Archived