Casual night aboard the Conquest?

The literature I've read states that the first and last nights are casual in the formal dining room. What is considered casual dress? I've heard I may not have my luggage yet that night and don't want to spend all day dressed up. The boys in khaki shorts? Can I wear shorts? Jean shorts? Thank you so much in advance!

I know the first night is come as you are due to the luggage not being available. Not sure about the last night, never heard that before. Anyone else?

However, just as an aside, if you have reservations in the steak house the first night, I understand you should be prepared to dress for the occasion. Have read on here where people were turned away from the steak house due to improper attire on the first night.

The literature I've read states that the first and last nights are casual in the formal dining room. What is considered casual dress? I've heard I may not have my luggage yet that night and don't want to spend all day dressed up. The boys in khaki shorts? Can I wear shorts? Jean shorts? Thank you so much in advance!

The first night of the cruise is kind of 'anything goes' as there's a chance that your luggage may not have made it to your cabin. That's not the case for the last night of the voyage, however.

Here's what Carnival has to say regarding 'Cruise casual' attire:

Dining Room - Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code

• Gentlemen: sport slacks; khakis; jeans (no cut-offs); dress shorts (long); collared sport shirts
  • Ladies: casual dresses; casual skirts; casual pants; blouses; summer dresses; Capri pants; dress shorts; jeans (no cut-offs)

Not permitted in the dining room: gym shorts; basketball shorts; beach flip-flops; bathing suit attire; cut-off jeans; sleeveless shirts for men; baseball hats.

:)

Archived