A Good Idea for a fun Day in Grand Turk

wldflr

I found this link last winter as I was preparing for our upcoming cruise to Grand Turk. It is a great review with pics about a cruiser and her family and their day there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225407

I did some cutting and pasting to make my own set of directions and printed out the map of the island she included in her review and with 4 other adventurous friends and hubby, off we went on what I called my "4 Beaches, 2 Bars in 1 Day Tour."

Rented 2 golf carts from Nathan and we first drove all the way to the north end of the island to the lighthouse/beach there. Then headed south and found the Bohio Resort at Pillory Beach and had a drink or two at the lovely Beach Bar there. Next a brief visit to Governor's Beach for a dip in the ocean. Lastly ended up at Jack's Shack for lunch & cocktails for a few hours before heading back to the ship.

All in all...a great day and when we go back some day, we'll do it all over again.

We did make a reservation with Nathan prior to arrival (see other postings in grand Turk board on how to do this). But if I recall, he had a few extra carts still avail...but if you are really interested in doing what we (and others) have done, I would reserve a cart.

And just go with the flow and enjoy the island and the lovely beaches. GT itself is not really developed...yet...so don't expect to see all the stuff you might find on say, other touristy islands. Sometimes the best memories come from these unplanned adventures and allow yourself to get temporarily "lost" for a while.

And end the day at Jack's Shack with a glass of his island fruit punch...happy times!

Archived