Mr Sanchos Cozumel Day pass

arco5618

Thought we had decided to go to Mr. Sanchos... was looking at the menu on their website last night and it appears to have changed... didn't see any fish tacos or coconut shrimp, also the nachos are now just bean and cheese, no chicken or shrimp. Looks like they got rid of some the great favorites that people spoke so highly of, most likely a cost savings move but very disappointed if this is true.

Anyone been there recently, as in the past 2-3 weeks and what was on the menu?

Thanks!

Seriously, you have to pay extra to play on the inflatables? I would have never guessed that. As we just (earlier today) booked the AI package, guess I just assumed you get to play on the toys too! Darn! We'll have to see if it's worth $24 to climb a few toys? Probably not! :mad:

This is why we didn't book the AI. I too could not believe they would charge an additional $12 for kids. Kids (at least my kids) will eat very little so paying an additional $12 for the inflatables was crazy to us. So now, nobody in the family (we are going with all ages, extended family) can do the AI because the AI are separated from the non-AI. This is not a family friendly policy in my opinion.

I was at Mr. Sancho's last Monday and had fish tacos for lunch. They were excellent. Between the six of us, we ate steak fajitas, shrimp ceviche, shrimp cocktail, chips and guacamole, fish tacos, and I can't remember the rest. Everything we had was wonderful.

Ok, the food sounds great! Guess we'll just have to suck it up if we want to play on the toys! And, we are kids in our mid-40s!! :o

Did anyone have a credit card issue with the down payment? Today I booked Mr. Sanchos through that site recommended here on CC ... called like Beach Tours Cozumel.com or so?

And, was quite surprised to find my credit card company had phoned me today to see if this was a fraudulent charge?!! It was $10 charged via PayPal for the deposit of $5pp ... :eek:

Big thumbs up for the fish tacos!! Yummy. We were there on the 18th and they were most certainly on menu.

Thank you for the reply! I emailed Mr. Sanchos late last night and asked about the menu on the website and within minutes had a response, actually have received 3 emails as of this morning along with a copy of the current menu and fish tacos are on it. :D

Great! Thanks for the update. Love seafood ...

We are booked for sure ... and may be the only adults playing on those water toys? !!

Does anyone know of the snorkeling quality there? Recently at Playa Mia we actually had a fair snorkel ... as they have placed artificial reefs in the sea.

I think after paying the taxi, AI fee and the $12pp for the toys ... don't really want to spend another $30 for the Palancar snorkel. Any inputs on this?

We are thinking of heading up to the Money Bar later in the day for a quick snorkel there ... as I think you can snorkel for $0 if you buy drinks on the property? Yes, no - anyone know of this?

Thanks! :p

Ok, the water not being clear would be a real bummer. That's what we live for!

However, that is one thing I LOVE about that excursion ... that we only paid $5pp for a deposit. Therefore, if we happen to get to COZ and it's raining or not a good beach day ... we'll just skip it and lose the deposit ... and do something else.

Did anyone snorkel there? Heard snorkeling isn't very good from sandy beach areas. Appreciate any info.

We snorkeled there a couple of trips ago, it wasn't great not like on a reef where there is a lot to see, but there a few statues and other items that are sunk there and if you take a pocket full of tortilla chips snorkeling with you and pull them out a little at a time then you will be surrounded by fish, only at the most 4 different kinds of fish that I could count though.

Have always enjoyed the great service and no crowds, we are going in Jan. and can't decide between Mr Sanchos and the Bar Hop tour, both are great.

This is why we didn't book the AI. I too could not believe they would charge an additional $12 for kids. Kids (at least my kids) will eat very little so paying an additional $12 for the inflatables was crazy to us. So now, nobody in the family (we are going with all ages, extended family) can do the AI because the AI are separated from the non-AI. This is not a family friendly policy in my opinion.

I guess I really don't understand your post, if your kids won't eat or drink hardly anything then they can just pay as the go for food and drinks and pay the 12$ for the inflatable water park, and if the older kids and adults will eat and drink a lot then they can pay the AI price and pay for the water park or not. We went last year and paid to play in the water park, I didn't care for it 40y/o, but my kids loved it. So i will pass next time but my kids will do it.

I guess I really don't understand your post, if your kids won't eat or drink hardly anything then they can just pay as the go for food and drinks and pay the 12$ for the inflatable water park, and if the older kids and adults will eat and drink a lot then they can pay the AI price and pay for the water park or not. We went last year and paid to play in the water park, I didn't care for it 40y/o, but my kids loved it. So i will pass next time but my kids will do it.

I wish we were able to do it this way but I sent them an email directly and they told me that everyone in the party must have the same thing, either all AI or not. The two areas are separated. I guess they do it this way to keep people on the AI side from sharing with those that didn't book the AI. We have 5 kids so for us, doing the AI that doesn't include the armband doesn't make any sense.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the all-inclusive package at mr sanchos last year. It was one of the best days ever! We will be staying in Cozumel in April for some diving. I was hoping to possibly stop here after a day of diving which should be done around 1:30-2:00 at the latest so the all-inclusive package would not be worth it.

My question is: Are the drinks the same size if you do the pay as you go versus the all-inclusive?

I remember the drink prices on the menu being something like $8 or $9 and they came in little 8 oz cups (not worth it if you're paying for each one), but the drinks may have been bigger for the pay as you go customers.

We did the all-inclusive package at mr sanchos last year. It was one of the best days ever! We will be staying in Cozumel in April for some diving. I was hoping to possibly stop here after a day of diving which should be done around 1:30-2:00 at the latest so the all-inclusive package would not be worth it.

My question is: Are the drinks the same size if you do the pay as you go versus the all-inclusive?

I remember the drink prices on the menu being something like $8 or $9 and they came in little 8 oz cups (not worth it if you're paying for each one), but the drinks may have been bigger for the pay as you go customers.

The drinks for non AI people are a larger portion thus the 8-9 charge. They use the small cups for AI to save waste.

• 1 year later...

Going to Cozumel for the first time and trying to decide between Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocom...which did you like better?

Is the AI really worth it or do you spend about the same with pay as you go?

What about if you're not a big drinker?

I know NC limits 100 ppl, what about MS?

How are the water activities or is it better for just relaxing at the beach and enjoying food and drinks?

First, let me apoligize for the search function on these boards, as you have revived a thread from 2012 and this thread that died in 2011 in your quest for answers...

The simplest answer is, if you want a relaxing, quiet, Corona commercial kind of day....Nachi is the place...

If you want the same stretch of beach (they are right next door to each other) but a more lively atmosphere, then Sanchos is the choice...

Just about 10 threads down from this one is

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1914491

Also just on the first 2 pages, all of these concern Nachi or Sanchos and have the newest information and responses.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1653467

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913206

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880230

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1881988

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1907197

Hope that helps you out...

Bill