Itinerary Help Needed

Firetrk

First off Thanks for any suggestions. This will be my Dh and I first time to Bermuda and we would like to see as much as we can but at the same time relax and not overwhelm ourselves.

We are going next month on the Carnival Pride. We are arriving Wednesday at 7am and leaving at noon on Friday.

This is what I was thinking--

Wednesday- leave ship around 9am, take ferry to Hamilton, catch bus to Crystal cave, then head back to Hamilton and stop at BUEI, then go see the fire department (we are both volunteer firefighters so we want to take pictures of their fire trucks!) Then take ferry back to the dockyard.

Thursday- Take bus to Gibbs lighthouse, take bus to Horseshoe Bay and walk all beaches to Jobsons Cove. We will be realxing and picture taking. Then take bus back to dockyard.

Friday- We want to stay close so we will explore the dockyard.

I'm not sure if we have too much planned for Wednesday. We left St Goerge out so it gives us an excuse to come back. Any help or suggestions with what we have planned would be appreciated. Thanks again.

A

You are certainly not overdoing it as a lot of first time visitors do.

The only suggestion I would make is that on day 1, after the cave visit, you should return to Hamilton by a route #1 or #3 bus which I believe goes right by BUEI.

The fire department is located on King St which you would pass if you were walking from BUEI to the ferry terminal

SBtS

I though you were visiting BUEI after visiting the caves (post #1), and I suggested that after the caves, you take a route #1 or #3 bus to BUEI because it is located on either of those 2 bus routes. Have you changed your plans?

The walking distance from the intersection of Front St and Queen St in Hamilton to BUEI is about .8 mile. The just mentioned intersection would be to your right as you leave the Hamilton ferry terminal.

As you walk along Front St to the BUEI, there is a fire station located on King St 2 blocks up from Front St.

SBtS

Hey Firetrk! I think we are on the same cruise. Check out the Carnival Pride CC thread for 09/18/11. We have several things planned for the group: Sailaway meeting, sea day meet & greet with gift exchange (aka Dirty Santa), a few have some excursions planned & there is a Heritage Nights Festival at the dockyard on Thursday night :) Your itinerary looks good. We're taking a tour (traveling with a group of 6) on Wed, taking the bus to Horseshoe Bay & Gibbs Hill Lighthouse on Thurs &, just like you, we'll be sticking close to the dockyard. Come on over & join our thread.....

Sorry about that SBtS.

I have been looking at these boards so often I'm confusing myself and have no idea what I'm doing. I think I'm over thinking things. I should just stick with what I have and go for it. After all this stressing out I'm gonna need this vacation!!

Thanks again.

Are you considering visiting St. George? You can do it on Day 1. Take the ferry to St. George, then bus to the Cave (it is closer to St. George). Then head west to Hamilton.

This is what we plan to do when we cruise there on the Summit at the end of this month.

Only problem with ferry to St George on Day 1 is that if ship docks at 9:00 and even if "cleared" by 9:30 there will be huge rush to disembark, line up for ferry tickets at the booth and then hoof it over to the ferry dock.. IMHO that's best saved for day 2 when the lines were still very very long for the 10:00 ferry but we got there at 9:30. And there are 2 ships at KW so it's not just passengers from Summit.

We thought about taking the ferry to SG and then go to the caves but we figured that the lines for that would be very very long. So, we thought about taking the ferry to Hamilton and then bus to the caves. We know that time wise (ferry + bus) is longer but atleast we'll be moving and not waiting in lines for another ferry to SG.

Archived