More Beach Questions???

trinks90

Traveling on the Fantasy in May. First time to both Freeport and Nassau. I've been getting some great tips on these boards but now my brain is on overload trying to decide :confused:

So...with 4 kids, we are looking for a beach for the kids to try snorkeling. We want them to be able to snorkle from off the beach and not have to go too far out. They are also really anxious to go shell hunting for "real shells"

We will be in Freeport about 8 hours and then Nassau for almost 2 days.

Cable Beach sounds nice for one of the days, but I'm guessing the snorkeling isn't too good.

Blue Lagoon sounds beautiful, but other than an excusion package, how do you get there? With 6 of us traveling and this cruise only a segment of an 11 day trip to Florida, money is getting tight.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! TIA

We were in Nassau last July and we are returning in August. We went to Cable Beach, we will not go there again. It was the most disappointing beach we have ever been on. It was so crowded and there was floating oil in the water were the jet skis were going out. The place was awful. Please go some place else

I'm glad we didn't choose Cable Beach. We were originally going to go there. But chose to pay the $15 fee each to go to the British Colonial Hilton that was a short walk from the ship instead so we could have more beach time. It was a perfect choice. It was clean, pretty and wasn't crowded at all.

I don't know how much you're able to spend. But this was a nice beach and if you could buy your own snorkel gear at home, the kids could take turns using it. There are some areas where there may be some small fish. From what I've heard, you're not going to see much snorkeling from a beach in Nassau.

We were also on the Fantasy. It was just last week. We just got back Sunday. It was a great ship and a great cruise. We really enjoyed the food also.

We did do a snorkel excursion through Carnival in the morning before going to the British Colonial Hilton. It was to Athol Island and was a 2-1/2 hour tour. That is where you see the awesome fish. I mean, really cool fish. There were some kids snorkeling on our tour. They have life vests available. And the kids were clinging pretty close to their parents. But they did get to see the good fish and I'll bet that was quite an experience for them. There was also unlimited rum punch on the way back from snorkeling which was about a 30 minute boat ride. So that was a nice addition to the tour.

Enjoy whatever you choose. We only went to Nassau. So that's all I can comment on. Have fun on your cruise.

Hello,

I went and enjoyed Cable Beach. Went to the Whyndham. Got to use their pool and facilities without a cost. they really don't have a beach there, but a little lagoon. The beach is real close though.

To each their own and you will hear many different ideas.

Archived