ss. antionette

stanc3

• 3 weeks later...

Are you going on the April 15 trip? We are taking the two night pre cruise option in Lucerne as well as the cruise. I haven't told my husband yet, it will be a surprise. I know he'll love it because we have two prior cruises with Uniworld and the Antoinette sounds like it is really fantastic.

We are scheduled for the 12/14/2011 river cruise on the Antoinette with an two day extension at the end in Lucerne. Would love to hear from anyone taking this ship, a previous Rhine Holday cruise, the Lucerne extension, or even a non-holiday Rhine cruise from Cologne to Basel.

We just returned from our cruise on the new Antionette. She is a fabulous ship with a wonderful and caring staff. The staterooms have plenty of storage and the bathrooms are well designed. The ship is much larger than the regular river boats and have a small swimming pool and a small theater. The laundry room is well equipped with 3 free washers and dryers and an ironing board. I brought Purex sheets with me, but they sell soap at the front desk. Two dinners were served in the small restaurant on the sun deck with a fixed menu. You did have to make reservations (40 people max) ahead of time and it was worth it. We certainly enjoyed the excursions with some exceptional guides. Our cruise manager was outstanding and very informative.

Enjoy the cruise!

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise. I don't know if in April a dinner on deck would be good, climate wise. Will wait and see. Glad to hear about the self service laundry, although since we are past Uniworld cruisers, they will do one bag for us at no charge.

Archived